2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good ******* lord. I think I peed just watching that.

Funny you should mention it.... got a perfectly good 350 TPI from my S10 just hanging around doing nothing.

Ultimate goal is to make a pulling tractor out of it. We’ll see. It didn’t crank when I bought it. Now it runs, but the carb is FABAR. Wife didn’t even freak out, so we’ll see what happens.

Last edited:

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven’t checked in on this thread in a little while.

Got the old Cub running long enough to find out the motor is junk. Oil pan was full of aluminum. It burns oil, possibly at a higher rate than gasoline. Knocks like crazy. Oh well, what do you want for $100.

On to more important stuff...

Went to the pick and pull looking for a few things for my Jetta. Ended up with more Denali parts. Got a nice clear coolant overflow tank, and the solenoid for the heater core. The bypass itself crumbled in my hands as I was trying to get it out.

Also grabbed nice clear map light lenses and an Astro Tow/Haul shifter. Someday I’ll get that ‘411 tuned up and get it all working.

You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that Astro shifter the same as the GMT400 style?
Your dash layout it exactly what I want for my truck, I'm just a little weary about chopping up my bezel to fit a larger radio.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it’s the same fit as a GMT400, only with the button. Bonus...The boot wasn’t all torn up.

I’ve got a GMT800 shifter that is in a little better shape, but I don’t love the look of it.

The bezel wasn’t too bad. Just have to cut a little off the top, and the divider between the radio and HVAC. Maybe try to find one in the bone yard.

There’s quite a few here, if your choices are low. Looks like you need gray? I don’t think my pick and pull gets much for them, and there’s a nice GMC with a clean grey interior.

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it’s the same fit as a GMT400, only with the button. Bonus...The boot wasn’t all torn up.

I’ve got a GMT800 shifter that is in a little better shape, but I don’t love the look of it.

The bezel wasn’t too bad. Just have to cut a little off the top, and the divider between the radio and HVAC. Maybe try to find one in the bone yard.

There’s quite a few here, if your choices are low. Looks like you need gray? I don’t think my pick and pull gets much for them, and there’s a nice GMC with a clean grey interior.

I'll try my luck at my yards, I've never paid attention to the Astro vans and there's always tons of them in the pick and pulls I go to.
I've also got a mint gray bezel stashed away in the shed to replace my cracked one next time I take it all apart.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went digging for junk today. I was hoping to get the door handles off that Denali but it was gone.

Came home with something I was not expecting. York210 from a 1979 Mercedes 240D. I’ve had plans of onboard air, but I hate the noise of the Viair compressors. So.... I guess I’ll be gathering parts over the winter.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I degreased the compressor the other day, and pulled the clutch. I had my doubts if this was actually a 210, but the crank snout confirmed.

I like the setup of the Tre5 Customs mount. Anyone have any experience with these guys? @Okcderek had this, but has not posted here in like 5 years.

Prob have to fab something up, with idler pulleys, I’m not in love with the belt contact with this setup.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a couple odds and ends fixed up this afternoon. Since I bought the truck last year, the battery cables have been boogered up. The rubber covers for the terminals were cut off, random screws attaching them to the battery. I grabbed the boots last time at the pick n pull, as well as the factory hardware, and a charge cable to the fuse block. I’ll do some version of a Big 3 at some point, but I had to fix this now. I hate hacked up cables. I still want to get the Aux Battery restored at some point too.

While I was under the hood I swapped the overflow tank to one not ruined by Dexcool sludge.

Jammed the York compressor in there too for a bit of motivation. With the upper radiator hose suggested by Tre5 Customs, there will be a ton of room, even with the EVAP canister in place. After a little digging around in there, it looks like it will be pretty easy to fab something up out of 1/4” steel.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Are you still running DexKill or did you switch over to green? :p

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently have a rusty mix of green in there now. I’ve got a gallon a Evaprorust that I’ve been meaning to flush with.

I’ve read about a few folks using this. I’m wondering if I should fill with 4gal of the stuff or 1gal, and mix with 3gal water. Been reading about dish and laundry detergent for the sludge too. I’m not really sure what I should do here.