2000, 454 vortec bb engine seems to be missing after distributor R&R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a cmp offset check. Don't know what the case learn is but im think the place i took it too might have done one????

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I turned the dizzy with gauge pro phone app and above 1krpm

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you do a CASE relearn or turn the dizzy after you put the new computer in?
You must be registered for see images attach
Blk2000SSEi , 04-20-2006 10:38 AM
On all gm vehicle that have the option do to a case learn built it to the pcm it is recommended when ever the crank sensor is removed or replaced and when a pcm is replaced that it be done. That'* straight out of the SM'*. I could get the exact wording if it'* needed. When I do pcm updates to correct service issue'* it tells you that a Crank relearn may be necessary. Sometimes I have to do it cause it sets a code and sometimes it don't. When it doesn't set a code I don't do it. At the dealership it'* usually called a crankshaft position sensor relearn. The DTC that sets is a P1336 which says crankshaft position system variation not learned. I just check and my 00 can set a P1336. So I say on, at least all 00+'* that do a pcm it needs to have a CKP relearn done. I have seen cars that had random and multiple misfires at idle and under load fixed by doing a CKP relearn. Dang this could be it

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im pretty sure the manager said his tech did something with the crank sensor and computer. Tech had already left for the day

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen cars that had random and multiple misfires at idle and under load fixed by doing a CKP relearn. Dang this could be it

When I put my 0411 in I was getting multiple misfires and issues before the relearn. Then again, my dizzy gear was worn and after replacing the whole dizzy the misfires stopped. However, I did get the P1336 right after that, even with my offset at 1° at 1500RPM.

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ave either you or Christian researched the aluminum bbc heads sold by skip white performance? Is it even possible or beneficial to go with a aftermarket head on our trucks. I looked up the dollar bill test.it mentions symptoms being stuck or burnt valve or possibly bad head gasket. Sad to say but i did red line my temp a few times due to a crappy ground on my flex a lite e fans. This was before i did pcm dizzy injectors etc. I wonder if i have a bad head gasket. Heck i just dont know...

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno. I pulled my 18' flatbed loaded down with crap two and from tx to tn twice and it ran perfect. Pre 411 etc post redlining temp gauge

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know my gas needle isn't calibrated right post 411 nor is my engine temp or mph. All post 411.