$200 "take off" Jeep Sahara wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeySS

Reaction score
Been eye balling these for 2 years. Came across a listing on craigslist. I thought it was a scam, but the guy really wanted these gone. 2,000 miles on all 4 tires. I ordered the 1 1/2" adapters today $124. 98 Chevy is 5x5. Newer Jeep are 5x5... but need a 1 1/2" hub centric adapter for clearance.

I'm gonna have a local shop balance and install ($40) them next week when the adapter arrive. Just wanted to double check with you guys.... wheels 18", tires p255/70r18, stock suspension (keys have not been adjusted). Mock up photo makes fitting look tight... I realise it's not centered over hub, but still scares me. I measured 31 1/2" - 32" diameter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Frank Compagnon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
18'' Jeep wheels with wheel adaptors/spacers, the front ones had to be machined a little for it to fit. But they were jeep spacers that I used on a 05 Grand Cherokee, that I used to have.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those tires are 32.06" and they are damn tight on a 2wd. There is a strong possibility that they will rub while turning.

Morfhieus

Reaction score
Did this same install. My adapters weren't hub centric and I had vibration because of it. The centers were larger than my hub diameter 2wd stock height V6 truck had no tire clearance issues with the big Jeep tires... Truck was totalled in a hit n run right in front of my house, so have no pics to share

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
18'' Jeep wheels with wheel adaptors/spacers, the front ones had to be machined a little for it to fit. But they were jeep spacers that I used on a 05 Grand Cherokee, that I used to have.

IIRC those 5 spoke rims are 17s, as opposed to the Sahara rims that are 18's

JoeySS

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. My adapters are still enroute. What are my options for dealing with the front fender rub... 3" body lift... adjust keys?

JoeySS

Reaction score
Just got the 1 1/2" hub centric 5x5 to 5x5 adapter in today. No rubbing doing a low speed u-turn in the street. No rubbing when I turned the wheel hard left/right in my yard. Obviously a nice lift over the stock set up. I'll measure the stock tires tomorrow. These are 32" tires.

Have owned the truck for 5 years. Never have replaced any suspension parts. Truck has 183,000 miles... wondering if I should do a suspension lift kit.

Ordered a new black bumper. Rear roll pan and fender flares will be ordered in the next month.

JoeySS

Reaction score
1 1/2" spacer is semi tucked in... almost flush. If I could do it again.... 2" would of been better.

Shorty01GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's 2wd you won't have keys... Coil spacer, new springs or a lift will be needed.. tow mirrors and a roll pan? Personally never liked roll pans on a lifted vehicle..

JoeySS

Reaction score
Used to pull a trailer with this truck but not anymore. So I will pick up a fresh set of stock power mirrors. I have not had any rubbing issues, so I'm gonna steer clear of a lift kit. Black front bumper and rear roll pan soon. Looking into picking up a 76 Corvette for my wife soon...