2/4 Belltech Drop In Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I literally just installed the 2/4 drop on my 90 last weekend. I never removed the box though. Took a day and was a pain, but got it done and love it. I am so amazed how much better she drives and handles now.

It's taking me a bit longer since I'm replacing all the front steering up front as well. Hope to keep working on it this coming weekend. Cant wait for my wheels to come in as well, they are supposed to ship on the 15th so I cant wait!

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the shims come with the kit. so it should say what degree the shims are no? I ask because i'm doing a 3" front drop with a 4" rear drop. The rear drop im using belltech lowering leaf springs. But I can not find anyone that has done a 4" drop and posted about the pinion angle correction. Such as, I used a 2 degree shim to correct the angle etc.

The 2° shims come with the hanger shackle kit.

Metallicblue

Reaction score
It's taking me a bit longer since I'm replacing all the front steering up front as well. Hope to keep working on it this coming weekend. Cant wait for my wheels to come in as well, they are supposed to ship on the 15th so I cant wait!
You will love it , I wasn’t going to lower it but seen how much better it looked and would perform. I had to replace some suspension parts from snapping the old ones removing them. Better to replace when it’s all torn apart anyway. It was my first time ever lowering a truck and went well, judging by your picks you know exactly what your doing and it looks good. Excited for ya

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh. Mine didn't. Damn. Would of saved a lotta screwin' around. Too many years gone by to ***** at them now.

Yes sir maybe there were too many complaints. The kit comes with a trans spacer, carrier bearing spacer, and a template to cut for the carrier bearing.

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will love it , I wasn’t going to lower it but seen how much better it looked and would perform. I had to replace some suspension parts from snapping the old ones removing them. Better to replace when it’s all torn apart anyway. It was my first time ever lowering a truck and went well, judging by your picks you know exactly what your doing and it looks good. Excited for ya

Thanks, Yeah its gonna be a totally different truck cant wait for the weekend so I can continue working on it.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I did a McGaughy's 2 x 4 with spindles and hangers a few months ago and mine handles better now too. I didn't put shims for angle change but I haven't had any vibrations.

Metallicblue, How you keeping those BFG letters so white?

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a McGaughy's 2 x 4 with spindles and hangers a few months ago and mine handles better now too. I didn't put shims for angle change but I haven't had any vibrations.

Keeping the letters white is an eternal vigilance. Muscle magic made by superior products is a very good tire cleaner and a nanoskin tire brush will be your best friend for tire cleaning.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Best thing for white letters and white walls is the old Westleys Bleach White tire cleaner... I think they got bought out and called Black Magic Bleeche-White now (bottle and logo looks exactly the same though).... I get mine at O'riellys or Walmart... the **** is magical and cleans ANYTHING - probably prevents CV19 from your tires too!!!

Slightly off-and-on topic, I did a Belltech 2/4 on my 03 S10 and it didn't come with shims... no issues with vibrations at all.