2/3500 Configuration Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCaywood

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so I just put it in the general help section.

So I'm looking into a new truck and Ive got an idea of what I'd like, but I don't know if GM ever built them in the configuration I'm looking for, and if so, how rare they are. Information for the half ton trucks is abundant, but not so much for the 3/4 and one tones. Ideally I'd want a 3500 CCSB SRW with the 6.5 Turbo Diesel and 4x4.

I've seen some people say that GM didn't make any CCSB trucks until 99, some say it was 98. Almost every single CCSB I've seen has either been a Centurion conversion or a 2500 and they've either not started what engine was in them, or said they were gassers, and most have been 2WD. Also basically every 3500 CCSB I've seen has been a long bed, most with DRW. Curious enough I've also seen some CCSB trucks with the Z71 sticker on the bed, did GM offer the Z71 package on the 3/4 and one ton trucks? For some reason I thought they were only on half tones.

Anyway, if there's someone who knows for a fact and could clear up my confusion that would be great. And any info on how rare they are if they do exist would be pretty helpful to.

Thanks in advance for any help.