1999 Tahoe NNBS brakes with OEM ABS Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I'm in need of a little help here. I'm currently doing a NNBS (2014) 4 wheel disc brake conversion on my 1999 Tahoe 4WD and have a few questions that I need some assistance with. Below is a list of components I'm using.

2003 Avalanche steering knuckles with matching hub assemblies.
2003 Avalanche hydroboost with matching 4wheel disc mater cylinder with proportioning block.
2014 Silveraldo factory rotors, calipers and brackets for all 4 corners on my 6lug 14 bolt sf.

My first question is with the ABS Module, the 2003 Avalanche and Silveraldo both use 1/4" od lines for all of the metal brake lines. Would the OEM ABS Module become a restriction if I upsize the 3/16" od tubing to 1/4" od. The lines need to be replaced because there's some surface rust on some of them so I'm upgrading them to copper nickel brake tubing.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Sub'd, getting ready to do some of the same things, I was also wondering if I should just get the prop valve that has 1/4 for both and run new 1/4 lines to my front brakes. I could delete my abs box and take out the bulb or fuse to get the light on the dash out.

99GMT425

Reaction score
I upgraded my front lines to 1/4" in and out of the bpmv. Some of the fittings I replaced and some I just drilled out and chamfered. I feel like there is still a slight delay versus a newer bpmv. If I ever get around to it, it looks like the bpmv off a newer express van has the same ebcm bolt pattern and might have larger internal passages.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used factory brake lines on my swap. I notice no lag in the pedal or a odd feel. Stops excellent with very little pedal travel. 2011 caliper with 14"rotors 2000 rear axle with disk and a gmt800 master. I dont see a need to change abs modules. Everything is working very well together.