1999 Suburban 4x4, 4L60E, no shifting after sitting/jump start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX_GMT425

Reaction score
Last update - I used some contact cleaner and a small file and brush and now everything but the burned-out backlight bulb on the right half of the switch is working - I'm pretty happy with that. Going to check for metal debris in the trans pan and change the filter this weekend when I change all of the other fluids and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving - looking forward to a little downtime to finish the work on the Suburban and get started with my son working on his old 92 YJ Wrangler - gotta start now to make sure it's all done before he gets his license!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking forward to a little downtime to...get started with my son working on his old 92 YJ Wrangler - gotta start now to make sure it's all done before he gets his license!
If that were me, I'd have to start when he was about six. Takes me two months to replace a valve cover gasket.