1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Maybe it's the area but over here there not given away good condition 400 burbs. Sure we can get cheap beat up ones but I've been lookin for mint condition burbs for 1200.... nobody here has falling that low...
I sold this rust free burb that needed two exterior mirrors, a power steering pressure hose and two tail lamp lenses for exactly $1200.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If put the Michelin Defenters on my K2500 Burb and absolutely love them! They are pricey but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

That was my mindset when I bought them, they didn't last 40k. In an Envoy. Supposed to be a 60k mile tire. Plus they dried out and started cracking after only 4 years. Garbage.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
AN hoses and fittings are in to replace my engine oil cooler lines. Probably knock that out this weekend. My focus continues to shift towards the Suburban in the shop. While I've got it under the knife for some simple stuff, I might as well address a few other odds 'n ends. Looked into the AD244 swap, costs about the same as a Powermaster CS144 200amp setup, and you get a better alternator in the end...this would lead to a "Big 3" upgrade as well. Front brakes, starter, and tires will be completed in the near future.

I've also been reading more into the 0411 swap and doing coil-on-plug.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
AN hoses and fittings are in to replace my engine oil cooler lines. Probably knock that out this weekend. My focus continues to shift towards the Suburban in the shop. While I've got it under the knife for some simple stuff, I might as well address a few other odds 'n ends. Looked into the AD244 swap, costs about the same as a Powermaster CS144 200amp setup, and you get a better alternator in the end...this would lead to a "Big 3" upgrade as well. Front brakes, starter, and tires will be completed in the near future.

I've also been reading more into the 0411 swap and doing coil-on-plug.

Let me know when you're ready to 0411 swap and I can come tune it. I've done a few so far.

I have to head about 10 minutes northwest of Horton this weekend to pull a dash harness and bcm from a donor truck. Finally adding power windows, locks and keyless to my 03 GMC.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Engine Oil Cooler lines are built and replaced. Old lines didn't want to come out of the block, that was the biggest struggle. Lots of use on the pump for the 4-post lift today, sure glad I had it.

Old leaky lines and OE hookup at the block.

You must be registered for see images attach

Super impressed with Vibrant's packaging. All -8 AN fittings and braided hose.

Hard lines cut and compression fittings installed.

Completed lines with extra loom for abrasion protecion.

New lines installed.

The whole project took a little longer than I had planned, but it's done now, and I don't have worry about those lines leaking for some time. Notice a few other seap type leaks, probably have to do a front cover and pan gasket at some point. Tightened up a power steering pump line as well, wasn't leaking but wet.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Ordered all the parts for the AD244 alternator swap yesterday. I was considering using a Powermaster alternator, but decided to go with a NAPA AD244 HO(200amp) alternator(part # 1N-4807HO). Purchased the rest of the wiring goods from CE Auto Electric like normal, 2ga cable for the new power leads and grounds, 4ga cable to run from the mega fuse to the juntion/fuse box, and all the accoutrements that go with. Also put in an order for a new starter. I could have just upgraded the CS144 to a Powermaster and called it a day, but I wanted the better cooler running AD244, and realistically, it's the same money either way.

Still not having any luck with finding some awesome 90s billet wheels, so I think I'll go plan B and find some chrome/polished H2's...and to be different, the 2008-09 design is my first preference.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Engine Oil Cooler lines are built and replaced. Old lines didn't want to come out of the block, that was the biggest struggle. Lots of use on the pump for the 4-post lift today, sure glad I had it.

Old leaky lines and OE hookup at the block.

Super impressed with Vibrant's packaging. All -8 AN fittings and braided hose.

Hard lines cut and compression fittings installed.

Completed lines with extra loom for abrasion protecion.

New lines installed.

The whole project took a little longer than I had planned, but it's done now, and I don't have worry about those lines leaking for some time. Notice a few other seap type leaks, probably have to do a front cover and pan gasket at some point. Tightened up a power steering pump line as well, wasn't leaking but wet.
I came across this at the perfect time! Mine aren't exactly leaking, but I've had an issue twice now that they have popped out of the block. First time I thought was my bad on install. I was priming the new oil pump and dumped all the oil on the ground. Second time was this past weekend after doing some work, started the truck up and dumped all the oil on the ground again. This may be in my near future! Unfortunately I do not have a lift, so up and down off the creeper.

Do you happen to have the part number for everything you bought? If not I'm sure I can figure it all out, but that would sure speed up the process. TIA

Last edited:

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I came across this at the perfect time! Mine aren't exactly leaking, but I've had an issue twice now that they have popped out of the block. First time I thought was my bad on install. I was priming the new oil pump and dumped all the oil on the ground. Second time was this past weekend after doing some work, started the truck up and dumped all the oil on the ground again. This may be in my near future! Unfortunately I do not have a lift, so up and down off the creeper. Thanks for the write up though!

It's well worth the effort. Let me know if you need a run down on the part numbers.