1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Being in a hurry is expensive. Always.

It's a 1330 mile 1 way trip with 3 little girls. When I'm not stopping for them to take a piss or to tend to the 7 month old it's hammer time. Got 550mi tomorrow and I just know we'll be unloading the damn camper in the dark with me cussing and hating life. Truck ran great though.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

One and half years of ownership at this point. Still brings me joy every time I get in and turn the key. Best vehicle purchase I have made in the past decade for sure, and believe me, I've gone through quite a few! Wish I would have taken the pic about 10min early, the sun was blowing up the metallic in the paint, made the whole rig look orange.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score

One and half years of ownership at this point. Still brings me joy every time I get in and turn the key. Best vehicle purchase I have made in the past decade for sure, and believe me, I've gone through quite a few! Wish I would have taken the pic about 10min early, the sun was blowing up the metallic in the paint, made the whole rig look orange.

Came thru Horton after work tonight. Didn't lay my peepers on a single Pewter K2500 burb!

Promptly got pulled over leaving town, too.

Had to snag some seats for the 2003 GMC 2500HD rclb I bought.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Haven't done much with the 'burb other than drive it lately. My Tacoma's carrier bearing decided to give up the ghost, so I DD'd the 'burb for about a week until I had time to fix the issue. I did purchase the pinout conversion to the 0411 ecm from Lextech, this is just for future possibilities, nothing set in stone yet. Current needs are a new starter, old one is cranking hard, so time to replace with a new mini hi torque unit. Also going to look into upgrading the alternator...and I've been wavering on the cab marker lights, still can't swallow drilling holes in my perfect roof.

I'd also like to build a removable locking drawer system for the back, I've got some initial ideas on paper, need to go pick up some square tubing and break the welder out.

PY0's will get refinished unless I find the "right" wheels. I'm about due for tires, it's 1.5miles to the pavement from our house and that sharp limestone rock tears up tires pretty fast. I miss the river/sandpit gravel I grew up with in western NE.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Py0 definitely are a classic.

I hear you know the cab lights.

Unfortunately the plus sized grandpa got banged up enough it may be scrapped so I'll buy it back and not have any such reservations anymore.