1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by OutlawDrifter, Apr 23, 2020.

1. OutlawDrifter

OutlawDrifter I'm Awesome

OK, well the 2-door Yukon I found ended up not working out. I don't deal with shady people...period.

Anyways, we were on the lookout for another one, and I ran across a rare spec'd Tacoma. I remember when this body style came out in 2005, I almost bought a white access cab 6 speed TRD Off Road. Well I knew as soon as I showed my wife she'd have to have it, so I called the dude and worked out the details, and then showed the wife. I've never seen her more excited about a vehicle (well probably not as much as her Mach 1, but still pretty excited). So we now own a TRD T/X Baja. Basically a baby Raptor.

So what does this have to do with the 'burb? I hauled it home on my new trailer behind the ol girl.

Pulled onto I29 and set the cruise @ 70 and just let it eat, didn't even know it was back there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. phatphuck

phatphuck plus sized grandpa

Had one of these for 4 yearsand we likedit. But just hope you don't have passengers too often. Even our 2 kids under 6 years old in the back seat and suddenly the cab was full.

Very reliable and easy to work on. Tough looking little pickups. Beds are small but functional. If I were single or just my wife n me I would own one again but probably elect for the long bed.

Used ours like it was meant to be as often as possible. Held its value really well.

20170711_105630.jpg 20170711_105608.jpg 20170204_174122.jpg 20170205_074532.jpg

3. OutlawDrifter

I think it will work for its intended need. She just needs a back and forth to work vehicle, rarely has passengers, and we live in the country so 4WD is necessary. Seems like our road is always the last to get plowed. When we go somewhere as a family, it's easy to load everyone up in the 'burb.

Reliable, easy to wrench on, and good resale, all things that sold me on the Taco. Just wish they would have built that Back to the Future concept pickup!

4. phatphuck

phatphuck plus sized grandpa

Yeah only thing I would have changed about them would be a manual t-case. I had the electronic actuator go out on me one time on a trip across state during an ice storm. A 7 hr drive on the hwy took 17 hrs in part because no 4wd.

5. 98chevy2500SS

98chevy2500SS Specializes in Accessories 101

Toyota is a damn good brand. Very reliable vehicles.

Dravec and SUBURBAN5 like this.
  6. OutlawDrifter

I'm hoping so, I've never heard much bad about them.

Put some miles on it this weekend running around, I'm pleased with it.

7. 1ton-o-fun

1ton-o-fun Automotive Durability Tester

Just have a dealership check for recalls. I like these trucks, had a 2016 and then a 2019 as a take home work truck. The instrument cluster would randomly weird out and read 40mph sitting at a stoplight, and 80mph at 40, etc... a quick turn the truck off/on would reset it though.

8. Silvio Iacuone

Silvio Iacuone Newbie

Nice find!!

HotWheelsBurban likes this.