1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I'd like to see how you mount / fit that 12" subwoofer.

That's absolutely hilarious, I was pondering subwoofer options for my Burb today.

I've got 3 different box sizes calculated out. Ideal sealed box for this sub is 1.02cu/ft internal space, so 17.125"H x 22"W x 7"D, 16.5"H x 16.5"W x 9.5"D, or maybe 13"H x 13"W x 15"D (standing 15" tall as a top fire box). I intend to mount the amp to the box to save space. Just need to crawl back there with the tape and see what makes the most sense. Any dimensions are possible, just gotta keep the internal volume as close to the 1.02 as possible. My 3rd row seat will rarely be in the 'burb, so in my mind keeping it up tight to the drivers side in front of the spare tire makes the most sense.

Sub is a Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S4-12, good reviews, doesn't take a ton of power to push it, and is inexpensive.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Made some good progress this weekend. New exhaust is on, and the Dynomax Super Turbos did the job. With the two muffler setup I added approximately 30% more muffling based on square inches. It still has a nice deep sound, but its much quieter inside.

You must be registered for see images attach

Everything showed up except the speaker grill for the sub, so I went ahead and built the box and got it "thumping". Ended up going 13.5" high, 24" long, and 8" deep. Covered the box with some color matched carpet from Albright's Supply (awesome company, fast shipping, very fair prices on upholstery, they are my go to). I'm very pleased with this over the 8" setup I was running, the current amp does the job just fine. This 12" definitely has a better range and doesn't have to be pushed as hard.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Blew a hard brake line on the 'burb Saturday morning. Limped it home and took the '49 in to the parts store to get the repairs. Got the line bent and back together, then fought bleeding the brakes for most of the day. Finally gave up on my power bleeder and had the wife run the pedal. Cycled the ABS on the gravel road a few times, bled one last time, and all is right with the world again.

I need to run by my local Ams Oil dealer and pick up some Severe Gear for the front and rear differentials, and get some Ams Oil OE tranny fluid to do a pan and filter drop.

Wavering back and forth on picking up some new Bilstein's since it'll be up on the lift again anyways. After that it should be up to date on all fluids and "normal" maintenance items.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
OD you got a build thread on the bobcat? I'm just assuming you did that rebuild too :)

What are the specs on it? I'm thinking about doing one sometime soon.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
OD you got a build thread on the bobcat? I'm just assuming you did that rebuild too :)

What are the specs on it? I'm thinking about doing one sometime soon.

Its a 1981 642 with about 2200hrs on it. Has an inline gas 4cyl Ford industrial engine. I picked it up on the cheap, but it was already painted. I've put in a new radiator, electric fuel pump to replace the mechanical, and had both the drive motors rebuilt. I've got a smooth bucket and set of 42" forks for it. I think its rated at 40hp and weighs around 4000lbs. The older 600/610s can be a good unit too, they have an air-cooled Wisconsin and a different drive system. Depends on how big of a unit you want. The older New Hollands and Gehls were good skid steers as well. I grew up on Bobcats, so that's what I bought(I prefer foot controls for the bucket and mast). Diesel would have been nice for the linear power, but I don't have anything else that runs on diesel, and you can get parts for this engine at any parts store. The newer version is a 642B and they have a Mitsubishi engine, everyone I have talked to, said to stay away from those(Bobcat dealers and mechanics alike)!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
GMT400 gods have been giving me grief lately it seems, haha.

Saturday night I went to get out of the 'burb and the door wouldn't open...having been down this road with my past rigs, I rolled the window down, opened the door with the exterior handle, and went inside to order the new interior door handle.

Should be here Tuesday for replacement.

In other exciting news(well at least for me), I believe I have my wife talked into a 2-door Yukon for her daily driver. We'll see if this pans out, but she seems ok with it, also said she'd go for a Syclone....haha, she's a keeper.