1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Put the new door pins and bushings in the front passenger side door of the 'burb this weekend. They went in fairly easily and son #1 and I were able to move on to the next project.

Wind/Rain seal that runs above the side doors was a quick 5 minute job to do both sides.

Then I mentally prepared myself for the new window channel on the drivers side rear door. It all came apart and went together, really, really easily....then of course, the window wouldn't roll all the way up, it was wedging about an inch from the top. There isn't much adjustment one can do on this particular piece of glass, so I tried what I could...in the end I gave up and called the supplier. They are going to bench test a few in stock pieces and make sure there isn't a defect in this run, and then send me a new (hopefully better) part. OEM piece is back in place for now.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
This weekend was eventful, didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped, but I did get some stuff done.

First thing Saturday morning, oldest son and I loaded up in the 'burb and headed for Missouri. I had finally found a car trailer that met my specs and price point, thanks @PolarBear . Called the guy and the one he had advertised, a 2020, model was sold, but he had just unloaded a bunch of new 2021's off the truck. Said he would have the one I was interested in put together when I got there.

While trying to finish up paperwork, he tried to buy my Suburban no less than 3 times. Turns out, he is a GMT400 fan also!

16' + 2' dovetail, LED lights, 5" channel all the way through, 1 brake axle, fold up jack, 6-ply radials, and the ramps store in the rear.

You must be registered for see images attach

When I arrived home, I heard a rattle underneath the 'burb...turns out, my passenger catalytic converter decided to loosen up its inner material. Now, this one is easy to remedy...but the driver's side, not so much. After much thought, I was able to produce the necessary repair....which ended up with metal in my eye and a trip to the ER. All is well and said foreign matter is no longer in my eye, shame on me for not wearing proper eye protection while cutting!

Now at my normal cruise RPM, 2250ish (67mph), the rig is a touch louder than I want...it may be time to put a set of dual Super Turbos on it and call it a day.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Congrats on the new trailer, and very glad that your eye is ok.

Thanks, eyesight is definitely important!!

Ordered two 20" case Dynomax Super Turbos this morning, I'll "Y" them into my 3" tailpipe. Should have everything this weekend. I've also got most of the stuff including fluids to service the diff's, tranny, transfer case. We'll see how ambitious I get!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
This weekend was eventful, didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped, but I did get some stuff done.

First thing Saturday morning, oldest son and I loaded up in the 'burb and headed for Missouri. I had finally found a car trailer that met my specs and price point, thanks @PolarBear . Called the guy and the one he had advertised, a 2020, model was sold, but he had just unloaded a bunch of new 2021's off the truck. Said he would have the one I was interested in put together when I got there.

While trying to finish up paperwork, he tried to buy my Suburban no less than 3 times. Turns out, he is a GMT400 fan also!

16' + 2' dovetail, LED lights, 5" channel all the way through, 1 brake axle, fold up jack, 6-ply radials, and the ramps store in the rear.

You must be registered for see images attach

When I arrived home, I heard a rattle underneath the 'burb...turns out, my passenger catalytic converter decided to loosen up its inner material. Now, this one is easy to remedy...but the driver's side, not so much. After much thought, I was able to produce the necessary repair....which ended up with metal in my eye and a trip to the ER. All is well and said foreign matter is no longer in my eye, shame on me for not wearing proper eye protection while cutting!

Now at my normal cruise RPM, 2250ish (67mph), the rig is a touch louder than I want...it may be time to put a set of dual Super Turbos on it and call it a day.

Cool deal on the trailer! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Shame about the eye, safety squints aren't always the best option.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like the new trailer! I love my 20' but I wish I would've waiting for a dovetail or one with slide in ramps, the flip ups are a pain to try and haul anything.
Glad to hear you're doing alright as well, I've had a couple scares; and they could've been even worse due to my contacts but luckily no ER trips.
Do you have a good picture of how your tailpipe is ran? That's exactly the angle/position I want to run mine when I redo my exhaust.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Like the new trailer! I love my 20' but I wish I would've waiting for a dovetail or one with slide in ramps, the flip ups are a pain to try and haul anything.
Glad to hear you're doing alright as well, I've had a couple scares; and they could've been even worse due to my contacts but luckily no ER trips.
Do you have a good picture of how your tailpipe is ran? That's exactly the angle/position I want to run mine when I redo my exhaust.

There are some pics of the exhaust on page 5. I used a 4-piece stainless tailpipe that you cut/weld to fit.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
All exhaust components have arrived for the redo. I decided to order a new 12" sub to replace the 8" I've been running (works great in a pickup, need more for the interior space of the 'burb). Current amp supplies enough power to push the 12" replacement, also picked up everything needed to build a new sub box including matching carpet.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
All exhaust components have arrived for the redo. I decided to order a new 12" sub to replace the 8" I've been running (works great in a pickup, need more for the interior space of the 'burb). Current amp supplies enough power to push the 12" replacement, also picked up everything needed to build a new sub box including matching carpet.

I'd like to see how you mount / fit that 12" subwoofer.

That's absolutely hilarious, I was pondering subwoofer options for my Burb today.