1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
This rig is awesome. Definitely subbing to see more!
Seems you managed to find a cleaner, lower mileage one than mine. Very nice! :gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks, I wish mine was white like yours but with color matched flares!

This one is definitely a find, absolutely makes my daily commute very enjoyable.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Thanks, I wish mine was white like yours but with color matched flares!

This one is definitely a find, absolutely makes my daily commute very enjoyable.

Yeah, I dumped an '02 Dodge 2500 w/ the HO Cummins and 6 speed for my rig. Way way happier now, even with significantly less milage. I don't think there is a better platform ever made than the GMT400.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Yeah, I dumped an '02 Dodge 2500 w/ the HO Cummins and 6 speed for my rig. Way way happier now, even with significantly less milage. I don't think there is a better platform ever made than the GMT400.

Can't argue with you on that one!

Just the interior alone is worth the upgrade you made! The looks are a bonus, haha.

Dravec

Reaction score
Can't argue with you on that one!

Just the interior alone is worth the upgrade you made! The looks are a bonus, haha.

Yeah, I love the interior in this thing. Nothing else compares.

I'm considering doing color match on the fender flares, and maybe making a two-tone out of her with a color in the center section.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
@OutlawDrifter

Sorry to bother you, but do you think you could get a picture of how the torsion bar keys sit? Was under mine today, and my gut instincts say something on mine is slightly off.

Why not post a picture?

One trucks key index won't be the same as the other, as over time the bars sag and are commonly adjusted to bring the frontend up. Or aftermarket keys are installed to level.

Dravec

Reaction score
Why not post a picture?

One trucks key index won't be the same as the other, as over time the bars sag and are commonly adjusted to bring the frontend up. Or aftermarket keys are installed to level.

Ah. Didn't think about that. I will do that when I have day light tomorrow

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
@OutlawDrifter

Sorry to bother you, but do you think you could get a picture of how the torsion bar keys sit? Was under mine today, and my gut instincts say something on mine is slightly off.

Did you get this lined out? As PB stated, it will vary from rig to rig, especially if they've been cranked to level stuff out.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Yesterday I put new door seals on the front 4 doors of the 'burb.

Originally I had ordered all Precision brand weatherstripping, but the fronts were back ordered with 3 date changes in as many months. So I installed the rear doors with Precision and the fronts with Steele.

Honestly, I'm disappointed in the Steele, each was short in length, I prefer to cut to my own length, both sides ended up with a gap, which isn't terrible, but rubber shrinks over time and these will get shorter. The quality of the Steele is there, but not worth the extra money...in my opinion. All in all, about 2hrs start to finish to do all 4 doors including clean up.

While working on this, I noticed the front passenger door needs new pins/bushings, and the rear driver's door needs a new window channel. So those parts are on order for next weekend.

Took some pictures on my way home from a grocery run this afternoon...still averaging 11.2mpg+ on every tank.