1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"New" fuel rail is in an seems to be leak free. Still bleeds down faster than I'd like but I can't find a leak.

So I'm back to where I was Monday finally, put a few other small pieces back on the engine. New lock cylinder is in, upper column cover an steering wheel are back on. I'll have to find or make a tilt manual lower column cover to button that up.

Also scored a fog light valance off FB MP for $20.
You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got some work done but nothing picture worthy really. Stopped by the salvage yard, got the foot vent outlet, some tow hooks, a tailgate handle bezel and an a few various other small things I needed.

Got the engine buttoned up, went on a hunt for heater hose, apparently there's nearly a shortage of 3/4" because of covid. Weird....

She's back together an running good. Had to jump the distributor a tooth an set the cmp but no biggie there. Warm starts are super nice an quick now. Got a few small things to do an probably take a break on it for a bit before I jump into the next big project.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got some work done but nothing picture worthy really. Stopped by the salvage yard, got the foot vent outlet, some tow hooks, a tailgate handle bezel and an a few various other small things I needed.

Got the engine buttoned up, went on a hunt for heater hose, apparently there's nearly a shortage of 3/4" because of covid. Weird....

She's back together an running good. Had to jump the distributor a tooth an set the cmp but no biggie there. Warm starts are super nice an quick now. Got a few small things to do an probably take a break on it for a bit before I jump into the next big project.
I remember 3/4" heater hose used to be used for emergency water pipe repairs; even back in the day it would be in short supply periodically.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to go through my clutter of parts an store/organize an get my garage(s) under control. So a great way to store some stuff is to just go ahead an install it :lol:

Flares an trim rings on, I was going to try an get the front window tint done but ran out of time.

Driven it about 100 miles or so this weekend. It's running an starting great so I'm very pleased with that. The heat works good an it even comes out the vents you select! Dash is good an solid, no rattles (from it anyway) and everything else is working too. I might have the steering wheel off 1 spline but it's hard to tell with the play it has so I need to track that down an see what's worn in the steering.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the story on that square body layin rockers behind the dually?
That's my first ever vehicle. My dad bought it when I was about 13, taught me to drive in it etc. So ive had it for a minute. It doesnt quite lay rocker but it is pretty low. There's a link to its thread back in post 20.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So strike 2 on the pass front window :lol:
Decided I'd try the Dr just in case I pooched it too. If I did I was gonna strip the rears an take it to a shop since they were decent but far from perfect. Well it went about the same the rears so I guess I'll order a 3rd pass side piece an try it again. 3rd times the charm right?

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
That's my first ever vehicle. My dad bought it when I was about 13, taught me to drive in it etc. So ive had it for a minute. It doesnt quite lay rocker but it is pretty low. There's a link to its thread back in post 20.
1973/74 GMC grille is by FAR the best looking on a square!