1999 2 door Tahoe 6.0 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stratton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's PowerNation series on something similar with 5.3/4L80e/AWD. They left the 10 bolt, however. I'm not a big follower of the lowered trucks, but must say, this one is sweet:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Watch the entire series
It is a 4x4, but I’m gonna use a NVG149 to make it all-wheel drive. I was trying to use it so I can convert the rear brakes to disk
http://www.cruizers.org/reardisc.ht...G49izXioDcVsLF7toqL1XLql9AHjdz6gds10gMyAFOUug

Jnunez74

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn't run any to my knowledge, but I can't verify if he should have....
Been awhile, but I finally am in motion with this thing, went with a 454 instead of the 6.0, in the process of tear down and sandblasting the frame right now. I’m hoping everything works out, the front differential seems like it’ll work with minor modifications to mounting hardware and locations but I’m holding on to the Old one as of now. Doing an AAM1050 in the rear, having to spread the leaf springs out in the back though, so I’m gonna pop the rivets and add a 1/2” piece if plate between the bracket and frame. Project kinda took a different path than I had originally anticipated and I’m trying to stay away from the AWD, but it is seeming like the easiest way to get it over with

Jnunez74

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a whole truck waiting to be picked up, so I have all of the parts. Is it fab work? And if it is does he have an acct or picks of what he had to do? And it is a 4x4
Finally got it all in, not sure about the different CV lengths, but the gmt800 2500HD shafts fit in perfectly after swapping knuckles. Did have an issue with camber that was resolved by shortening the uppers