1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
My door panels came in yesterday. Gotta say I ain't impressed by the fit and finish. They do look nice overall but it requires some trimming and finangling to get everything fitted correctly. For example, to fit the door reflectors I had to trim material and had to melt some plastic to get them in flush. I'm also not a fan of the speaker grills, may have to fit some stock wire mesh grills into them, the haphazard holes do not look good.

(Although the upper carpet looks purple in the pictures it's black to the eye)
You must be registered for see images attach

Awest623

Reaction score
Finished the sound deadening today and installed the door panels. Every single square inch of the truck has sound deadening material on it. I also added some material to the backside of the door panels, forgot to take pictures. I love how when I close the door it's just a solid "clunk". Despite the shortcoming of the door panels they look damn good once installed. I still need to fasten the top section down, don't have a cordless drill.

Guess the next step is painting all the trim, I'm still waiting on the headliner so none of it can be installed.

Awest623

Reaction score
So I decided against having a shop reupholster my seats. Ordered new upholstery online from the same place I got my carpet. They'll be vinyl, black with charcoal inlays. I'm still waiting on the headliner and vinyl sun visors as well, they're both charcoal.

My black seatbelts should be arriving tomorrow from LMC.

I also installed the wiring for heated seats, there'll be heating elements going under the upholstery. I'll get some more pictures tomorrow.

On a side note, has anyone been having issues with accessing gmt400.com from the tapatalk app? It hasn't been working for me for a while now.

Awest623

Reaction score
Some more progress pics. Headliner and upholstery came in earlier this week. Passenger and rear seat are done. The front seats also have heat elements in them.

Awest623

Reaction score
Progress...
Vinyl sun visors in. Found some metal visor mounts at the scrap yard so I swapped the plastic ones out. Dome light is in. Still haven't found the rear upper trim piece, need it before I can put the rest of the rear interior in.

Paint is drying on the passenger seat rails, once it's dry the passenger seat will be going in.

I'll probably be reupholstering the drivers seat this next weekend (4 day). I'm not a fan of the headrest upholstery that came with the kit. I need to drop the headrests off at a shop sometime, same for the overhead console.

Also I left some indentations in the headliner foam when I put it up. Any advice on how to smooth it back out? Heat gun? Steam?