1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
As a heads up, I'm currently a couple thousand miles away from my truck again doing some more training. Look forward to more updates at the beginning of June.

Awest623

Reaction score
Cruising in the truck listening to Nickelback. Forgot to mention I swapped the rear speakers for some Rockford Fosgate units. The door speakers are Pioneers I think, put them in a few years ago.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is a highway pull while on my road trip. Taken after I "lost" the 2.75" pulley, and on a bad tune. I promise is faster now.

And have you ever seen an airplane hover? Probably, but was still pretty fun.

Awest623

Reaction score
Got some boost auto mirrors, along with their key fob to replace my stock broken one. The mirrors have smoked switchbacks and high intensity reverse lights.

Also replaced my door pins and bushings for the 4th time now? Got some off ebay that seem a lot better than the dorman ones. Would've got the Cunningham machine set but I bought mine before they started making them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Cruising in the truck listening to Nickelback. Forgot to mention I swapped the rear speakers for some Rockford Fosgate units. The door speakers are Pioneers I think, put them in a few years ago.

This is a highway pull while on my road trip. Taken after I "lost" the 2.75" pulley, and on a bad tune. I promise is faster now.

And have you ever seen an airplane hover? Probably, but was still pretty fun.

I feel like mine was faster back in MI than that by a bit, but on the 2.75" pulley and a pig rich tune that I never dialed in. I'm gonna go with a 2 5/8" pulley and donate the 2.75" unit to the dually.

Awest623

Reaction score
I feel like mine was faster back in MI than that by a bit, but on the 2.75" pulley and a pig rich tune that I never dialed in. I'm gonna go with a 2 5/8" pulley and donate the 2.75" unit to the dually.
Maybe I'm a perfectionist but I'm still working on fueling. Some more timing would do her good but I ain't doing that until I get the intercooler and find a shop with a dyno.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a perfectionist but I'm still working on fueling. Some more timing would do her good but I ain't doing that until I get the intercooler and find a shop with a dyno.

Keep it reasonably rich and add timing until you start seeing knock. Trim it back so the knock goes away and there's your 90% solution.

Awest623

Reaction score
Keep it reasonably rich and add timing until you start seeing knock. Trim it back so the knock goes away and there's your 90% solution.
I run idle at 14.0 (likes that best at idle), off idle is 14.7, and power enrich trigger at 95kpa at 12.0

Chasing a heat soak issue on the iat, hopefully the intercooler and thin wall aluminum plus fast response sensor will help.

Awest623

Reaction score
Carpet came in today, did a little work. Gutted the interior and lined it with sound deadening as well. Pulled the old headliner a couple days ago. Just waiting on the rest of the interior to ship. Hopefully I'll be dropping my seats off at an upholstery shop Monday if I have time. Dropping by the scrap yard tomorrow to pick up a couple trim pieces.

Awest623

Reaction score
Notice anything with the sound deadener?

Absolutely. Even with all the interior trim and headliner removed it's definitely better than before. Still need to do my doors when the new panels come in. Looks like I'll have a good bit extra, should probably use it to double up the trans tunnel.

Door panels I ordered: