1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I can't hear djck for blower whine over my exhaust. I have the 2.75" pulley now and hit 140kpa in MI back in July. Mfer ripped hard down there, first time I've ripped off a WOT 3-4 shift and I did it multiple times. Gonna swap to a 2 5/8" pulley on the 1500 and donate the 2.75" to the dually. That'll have both blowers maxed out. I am super jealous of the AFR heads.

So 2 5/8 is the smallest I can go? I thought it'd make it to 2 1/2.

I didn't want my exhaust too loud. Went with 2.5 out of the collectors y'd to 3" single glasspack, followed by a single in/out Flowmaster 50 series delta flow

Awest623

Reaction score
I can't hear djck for blower whine over my exhaust. I have the 2.75" pulley now and hit 140kpa in MI back in July. Mfer ripped hard down there, first time I've ripped off a WOT 3-4 shift and I did it multiple times. Gonna swap to a 2 5/8" pulley on the 1500 and donate the 2.75" to the dually. That'll have both blowers maxed out. I am super jealous of the AFR heads.

Oh ya. And the afr heads are awesome. Look great. Definitely perform great.I'm thinking I shoulda put a bigger cam in. The torque converter from performabuilt is stalled a little higher than stock. If I'd known I woulda probably gone with a 210/214 cam.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
2 5/8" would have the 1600cc blower maxed out at 5100 RPM. The 2300 can't be spun as high. How high are you shifting WOT now?

Awest623

Reaction score
2 5/8" would have the 1600cc blower maxed out at 5100 RPM. The 2300 can't be spun as high. How high are you shifting WOT now?

Originally had it at 5600. But I've backed it off to 5400 on 1-2 and 5200 on 2-3 & 3-4.

Still working on the trans tune so numbers might change. Valve train will make it past 6k no problem so might bump it up higher with a different cam in the future.

Awest623

Reaction score
Video of the new exhaust setup
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates, been extremely busy and forgot about this thread. Have had time to work on the truck tho, prepare for a small info and picture dump.

Found an aluminum front skidplate to replace my plastic one. When I went to install it the 2.75" pulley that I thought I lost in South Dakota fell out. Dunno how it stayed down there that long but I guess I'm lucky.

Rebuilt the rear drums, and installed the NBS master cylinder in South Carolina. Definitely helped with the brakes but they're still mushier than I like. Guess all I can do now is delete the broken ABS system.

Now for my bad luck... I completely grenaded the performabuilt 4l60e. The 2-3 pack was completely gone, shrapnel throughout the entire transmission and only ~10 psi of pressure. While they do offer a great no questions asked replacement policy, I didn't have time to ship it all the way to Pennsylvania and wait on the replacement. Had a local shop rebuild it, 2 year 100,000 mile warranty that I can actually take advantage of.

The tune is worked out pretty good now.

I took the light bar off, with the new headlights I have it didn't even make a difference.

Got a 96 model dash cluster, miles where almost the same and I like how the RPM gauge shifts to red above 5,000.

Found a nice NBS center console at the junk yard, it's now painted to match my interior but not installed yet.

And the powder coating burned off part of my exhaust tip within a week of installing it, thankfully Summit Racing has a great policy and sent me a new one free of charge.

Pictures in next post

Awest623

Reaction score
Interior Pictures

You must be registered for see images attach

Awest623

Reaction score
Road trip, exhaust tip, exterior picture (light bar has since been removed)

Awest623

Reaction score
Not related to the build, but figure some of y'all would enjoy these. Almost done with my private pilots license. There's some great views up in Washington.

Awest623

Reaction score
Bad picture of the sunset from an MH-47G, plus a semi face reveal :33: