1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just about to start working on the timing when they said I had to leave. I've pulled a couple degrees out of it in anticipation. Not afraid to pull more out if I get spark knock

Should only get knock in the higher airflow parts of the map. Also, any MAF tuning will have the engine fall into different airflow parts of the map. After tuning the MAF, my truck dropped something like 6 degrees of timing and I had to go and re-redo timing.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I hate that my pictures keep breaking. Can't fix the old ones but I think I figured out how to stop it from happening in the future. Anyways, here's some of the latest ones that have broke.
You must be registered for see images attach

Awest623

Reaction score
Here's some pictures from my flights back to the states. 1st one is over the pacific just off the coast of Japan. 2nd is still over the pacific, but close to California. 3rd is right after takeoff from Nashville. And the 4th is over Korea about to land at Incheon. Can you guess when I got my new phone?

Awest623

Reaction score
My 4l60e hasn't had a hiccup since I bought it. But since the engine will be getting that whipple soon, I should probably put something a little more stout in it.

Just purchased a new performabuilt heavy hauler unit. Fingers crossed.

I've also doubled back on the AFR heads. It will be getting them when I return. Gonna pull the trigger on it pretty soon.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
This is my reasoning for the AFR heads. Using DynoSim6. AFR vs Vortec heads

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Which heads are you looking at exactly? I want AFR or Mamo in the worst way for my Z06. I already have a midsize cam on the shelf for it. :driver:

Awest623

Reaction score
You did answer my question here, I just missed it. Have you found any dynos before/after on these?

Nope. Kinda just spitballing on this. But the dyno software seems decently accurate when I compared it to other dyno runs with the specs for those engines put in.

This is the comparison I got between stock heads / ramjet cam and AFR heads / comp cam.