1998 ext cab 2 door 4x4 tranny swap issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
this is what came up when I googled 1998 K1500 5.7 bank 1 o2 sensor:

You must be registered for see images

Wait, I just realized you said bank 1 sensor 3

Are you sure it's sensor 3?

That doesn't make sense as there is no sensor 3.

It's sensor 1 and 2 on bank 1 or 2.....

Briscoe1623

Reaction score
okay very good info! im going to see about getting another ecu, and have it re flashed for my truck and combo, the codes and description i read you off for each was exactly what the etest print out said, it does stinky like egg's or something even more awful! i think ill get the computer done first and then worry about fixing the rest of the issue's ive done tuning before but more with import stuff like honda and acura, and it was all obd1, this domestic stuff is a whole new ball game, i think the diagram you posted is for a 350, not a 305 not sure if it makes a diffrence, or not, ill let you know how i make out this week

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You said he put a 305 in place of a 350, so it's probably a 350 exhaust.....

Briscoe1623

Reaction score
oh my mistake i must have worded that wrong, no the truck originally had a 305 vortec with 4x4 auto, he just chnged the tranny not the motor to

Briscoe1623

Reaction score
still needing some help if anyone knows someone who can convert my pcm from auto to standard tranny configuration would be great, im located near belleville ontario, my friend at teh gm dealer isnt able to do anything like that for me

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
still needing some help if anyone knows someone who can convert my pcm from auto to standard tranny configuration would be great, im located near belleville ontario, my friend at teh gm dealer isnt able to do anything like that for me

There are two types of programmers. Stock programing and Aftermarket. We do stock here because I simply haven't had the request for aftermarket. The stock programing we do, downloads the updates from the manufacturer website. What you need is an aftermarket programmer to "turn off" the automatic signals. They suck out what you don't need then program what you do need. I use street performance in Arkansas or PSI Conversions in Jersey. Mostly because of logistics. I am sure you could find someone closer. Cost is under $100, but you have to ship them your computer so you will be down a week or so.