1998 Cheyenne manual to power windows HELP!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98k1500on35s

Reaction score
i have a 1998 k1500 Cheyenne as we all know they mostly came from factory with crank windows and manual locks. i purchased a 1996 k1500 silverado parts rig. I have pulled the window wiring and all basically followed an online video that walked me through the whole process and when i get to the plugging in the door cards too see if they work my horn starts sounding! it wont shut off unless i push a switch for the window. i can re pull the dash and take photos if needed but there were 2 wire harness clips i had to splice into the window harness off my old speaker harness and Ive tried pulling all the wires i spliced back apart and it seams to lead to the black wire coming out of the dash to clip to the door that does it. so here i am half way through a door swap in my daily driver. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS SWAP AND RAN INTO THE SAME ISSUE LET ME KNOW.

98k1500on35s

Reaction score
ok so i am thinking i may need to start over. i have a 1998 GMC yukon and my 98 k1500 Cheyenne would i be able to take the dash and all the wire harness's out of the yukon and use it in the pickup?