1998 Cheyenne K2500 4WD not engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Rack

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Thank you for all of the advice and guidance! I gave up and took the truck to a local mechanic to diagnose the problem. I have no shame in that!
I could not solve my two issues. One being the 4WD, and the other being, no power to the temperature control panel.
Turns out, the ignition switch/harness is bad. I ordered my parts, along with a new blower motor and resistor. I will be working on it ASAP.
I will follow up.
Thanks again!
Joe

Joe Rack

Reaction score
IT IS FIXED!!!!
Spent today replacing the ignition cylinder, ignition harness, blower motor and blower motor resistor. Everything works! 4WD engages, Temperature controls work perfectly, no service engine soon light and no ABS light. Well worth the effort. I have to thank YOUTUBE, especially 1AAuto videos, they were extremely helpful.
Thank you to all that have guided me through the process here too. Great people!

Reaction score
IT IS FIXED!!!!
Spent today replacing the ignition cylinder, ignition harness, blower motor and blower motor resistor. Everything works! 4WD engages, Temperature controls work perfectly, no service engine soon light and no ABS light. Well worth the effort. I have to thank YOUTUBE, especially 1AAuto videos, they were extremely helpful.
Thank you to all that have guided me through the process here too. Great people!

so what actually ended up fixing the 4x4 issue I am just unclear.