1998 Chevy S10 3 door $2800 Central MN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 4.3 V6 motor and 4l60e automatic transmission are both strong.

This is a ZR2 that has been converted to 2 wheel drive. The previous owner and I have replaced several parts/made many modifications.

Below is a list of stuff that has been done.
-power seats (driver & passenger)
-aftermarket headlights
-aftermarket black painted grill
-detroit gear front ball joints/tie rod ends, (etc) kit
-wilwood adjustable brake proportioning valve. ABS is gone, and you can control the front to rear brake bias by turning a valve.
-all new brake lines
-Wheels, fender flares, bumpers stripped and repainted
-hankook synergy tires (low miles)
-Blackbear tuned ecm
- no emissions and speedometer corrected for tires
-A/C recharged
-Sony stereo w/bluetooth

This is a driver, so the miles will go up until it sells.

You must be registered for see images attach

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More pics

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Nice little truck.

I'm wondering though, why convert it to 2wd? And what do you mean by 'convert'? what would be needed to make it 4wd again?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice little truck.

I'm wondering though, why convert it to 2wd? And what do you mean by 'convert'? what would be needed to make it 4wd again?

Thanks.

Why - it rides/drives much nicer without the drag of the front axles/dif moving with the wheels.

Make it 4wd again - would need a front dif, new front cv axles, and a way to engage them.

Would I do this again - no. This is probably the best riding s10 I have ever ridden in, and it still rides poorly. They really are just little chit boxes. I tried making it into something that it isn't, and came to the realization that the best that the s10 will ever be is just a slightly better driving chit box.

Even with that said - It is a reliable, inexpensive, fairly efficient little truck - but it'll never be what I wanted it to be, so it's gotta go.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Gotcha, for clarity for future readers, you still have the 4wd hubs but just with hollowed CV shaft stub ends? And you still have the factory t-case in place?