1998 5.7 engine harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Alright guys I need some help, got a ‘98 Silverado 5.7 4l60e truck that needs a new harness. Currently the harness in the truck is shot and has been cut/spliced too many times to count, because of this the truck has a no spark condition despite having all the signals/power/grounds it needs. Tired of tracing wires so my next step is to start fresh. What years will work for my pickup? I have a ‘96 that’s similarly optioned but I’m not sure if I want to make that truck a brick yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You must be registered for see images attach

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1998 and 1999 are the same. 1997 is one year only. 1996 and back vary. Been there.

HotrodZ06

GMT400 Collector
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe you can make any 96 and up 5.7/5.0 auto harness work but would need service manual for the 98 and whatever year the donor is to verify and correct any differences between the two harnesses. If it was me I would get a 98 service manual and go though the diagnosis for the no spark condition. You may go through the harness swap and still have a no spark condition.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With a donor truck any Vortec truck would do I’d imagine
Depending on your area and it’s market buying a whole truck that runs but has other problems like a bad transmission or crash damage may be the easiest way to get everything you need

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Harnesses are generally Vin# specific so it's not always as cut and dry as plugging in a new one. Sometimes wires color and pinouts change from year to year or different harness based on different option packages. Not all get the same harness. Somewhere on the harness is a tag with a part # so you would need the same part # harness for it to be plug and play.

Last edited:

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Thanks all for the reply’s, I put a harness from a 97 in and she fired right off. Old harness had plenty of short to ground, found a bunch of them after I dissected it. Still worth the $50 I spent on a harness