1998 3500 crew/longbed build

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure for the stock manifold, the only fuel rail you've got is the one it came with. And I mean that literally. They're discontinued. Many of us have found that even when you're careful, it's easy to break the nubs that hold the injector retainer clips, though it's easy (but sounds awful) to repair them with zip ties.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Orpedcrow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t have a 454 so I don’t know but saw this as I was looking at other fuel related stuff for my truck.

Spareparts

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had read everyplace to gently pry from the top on the little clips to work them off. I got one off that way and it was a PITA.
I found that if you put a little oil on the clips and gently pried up where the red arrows are the clips nearly jumped off and was very easy as you are also not fighting the part holding the injector on.

themeec

Reaction score
Pretty sure for the stock manifold, the only fuel rail you've got is the one it came with. And I mean that literally. They're discontinued. Many of us have found that even when you're careful, it's easy to break the nubs that hold the injector retainer clips, though it's easy (but sounds awful) to repair them with zip ties.

Richard

Yeah, I was made aware of the nuisance these things cause when I started looking into a 454. I've actually found NOS rails on eBay, but I'd rather just put a new manifold to support an aftermarket rail, rather than install another crappy plastic one. Everything on this thing is clearly original so it's all gotta go ... injectors, rail, harness ... may just get a whole kit, make it easy on myself if no one makes just the rail.