1997 RCSB build on 4dr tahoe frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought that they were different also?

They are but nothing I have seen that is a no go. I'll document what I find when I get the bed on it since that is where most of the issues/fab is going to take place.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same up front. Frame stays low instead of kicking up after the cab. Rear springs are shorter in length. I will need to fab bed mounts. Wheel base is the same. Crossmembers are different.
I gotcha. None of that seems like brain surgery so I guess might as well use it since you got it :) I'll be interested to see how this progresses :)

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotcha. None of that seems like brain surgery so I guess might as well use it since you got it :) I'll be interested to see how this progresses :)

Me too lol got the spare tire crossmember out. It was gross.

You must be registered for see images attach

firestoness

Reaction score
Hey good luck with the build. I was going to comment that the frames are different, but you've addressed that concern with knowledge. I would be interested in the spreadsheet or pinout for the 411 swap. haven't been able to reach lextech, and I've already got the ecu and connectors with pigtails. would much rather have a proven spreadsheet than have to study both wiring diagrams to figure it out myself. since this is a current thread and you seem to have a copy could you forward one to me?

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey good luck with the build. I was going to comment that the frames are different, but you've addressed that concern with knowledge. I would be interested in the spreadsheet or pinout for the 411 swap. haven't been able to reach lextech, and I've already got the ecu and connectors with pigtails. would much rather have a proven spreadsheet than have to study both wiring diagrams to figure it out myself. since this is a current thread and you seem to have a copy could you forward one to me?

Just Pm him here with your email. he will get it to you. He doesn't want it shared for some reason. I am not going to mess with that till summer so not in a hurry on that end.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a bit done today. Did a little wire wheeling. Decided to weld the hitch into the frame instead of having it bolt on and made a rear cross member. Need to work on the front which is not as easy because i have to work around the shock. May end up cutting out that mount and making my own instead of bending the crossmember around it.

firestoness

Reaction score
Just Pm him here with your email. he will get it to you. He doesn't want it shared for some reason. I am not going to mess with that till summer so not in a hurry on that end.
fair enough, it is his spreadsheet. I'll just have to be patient. just noticed that the last few requests posted didn't seem to have any follow up posts indicating that contact was made and didn't know if he was still active on either site. good luck with your build.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He has always been responsive to my pm’s here. I contacted him recently and he responded. He tuned my first ecu I think twice. I imagine he gets a million emails from people starting out with ls tuning and builds. He really is just interested in making money off tunes and I dont blame him. I wouldnt want to feel obligated to answer everyones questions about swaps and it easily devolves into that when something doesnt work right. I know cause i asked him a ton. But my issue came down to a crank relearn.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did a little work on the tank crossmembers. Was going to use a shield i had off a 2dr blazer but it is just going to take too much time to deal with the mounting so just straps for now.

Cut out the rear shock mount and going right across with the front crossmember. I’ll put a shock mount on it and just run a 2005 burb shock which is the same length but just double eyes instead of the dogbone.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still working around the tank should have that finished up today. Taking way longer than i thought but I am beefing it up pretty good. Added another point of contact for the hitch/frame and i am boxing the back about a foot forward of the rear crossmember on both sides.