1997 old man truck rehab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluesman

Reaction score
How much interference was there between the dropped spindles & the factory 15" wheels? If you hadn't trimmed them, how badly did it decrease your turning radius? Nice job, BTW - looks really nice!

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much interference was there between the dropped spindles & the factory 15" wheels? If you hadn't trimmed them, how badly did it decrease your turning radius? Nice job, BTW - looks really nice!

I honestly didn’t look too closely. I just chopped off the rain gutters a few inches back and called it a day.

Also I didn’t notice any difference in turning radius, but these trucks have such a bad turning radius to begin with.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a few friends come over and help lift the box off the truck. I removed the tailgate, and had a few boards resting on some cinder blocks so we had a place to put the bed down.

Besides the box I did everything by myself over 3 weekends. Having the right tools helps a lot. So I highly recommend borrowing a good spring compressor for when you replace the front spindles, and use a reciprocating saw and an angle grinder to do the notch and hangers in the rear. I struggled with an air powered die grinder, and that was a huge waste of time.

Truck handles and rides great. Now I just need to tighten up the steering and i’ll be happy.

NICE JOB Tastefully done I have an1998 & was wondering about lowering it .you did the same amount as I was looking at 4 mine IT LOOKS GREAT how does it ride , how lond 2 do the job ? THANKS 4 hte Great PICS & Writeup Gary :cheers: