1997 gmc k2500 burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's got a choice set of wheels!
I have been debating on the wheels swap and I think decided to keep the steel wheels on the white one. Green one has wrangler tires, and I never liked them due to noise. Steel wheels also seem to fit the white well.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Only 4-5k lb load, but pulls in OD at 40mph with locked tcc and 1200 rpm if no big hills. Otherwise after 60mph stays locked in OD around 1800 rpm. Will try to do same load test on a stock 98 with 4.10 gears
Sweet rig, Love it. I miss my hd suburban. They are beasts. Ps towing in OD is not a good idea but with that low of weight you should be fine.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet rig, Love it. I miss my hd suburban. They are beasts. Ps towing in OD is not a good idea but with that low of weight you should be fine.
Thanks.
As long as it is not doing the lock/unlock game all the time, 4th works. With heavier load or when staying below 65mph for long distance with a trailer I keep it in 3rd. I have a very slow rebuild in progress on a spare 4l80e but stock one has been holding good so far. Torque converter is a basic reman, but will be getting a triple disk billet converter eventually.

Some city driving comparison so far, stock 98 with 4.10 gears has almost similar take off up to about 2k rpm and then difference between the two really increases in favor of the burban (3.73 gears).

nicksuspect

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front shocks completely lost upper bushings. Installed new ones as shocks were still good. Been playing with timing map and seem to run better. According to afr gauge it is running a bit richer than desired at wot. Drops almost to 10 afr at 4k rpm. Best launch in 2wd been just 7sec to 60mph. Tried foot braking and tires spin on take off. Might try in 4wd and see if can get better time.

Where you experiencing noise from the bushings being out? I've done rebuilt my whole front suspension and I be hearing a thump upon take off and braking. Only on the driver side. Upon checking I saw the bushings that your missing is torn on mine. Wonder if that's what could be causing the thump

Last edited:

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where you experiencing noise from the bushings being out? I've done rebuilt my whole front suspension and I be hearing a thump upon take off and braking. Only on the driver side. Upon checking I saw the bushings that your missing is turn on mine. Wonder if that's what could be causing the thump
With shock bushing gone it was very obvious noise wise