1997 chevy dash cluster

Discussion in 'Audio + Electronics' started by pntfrmr, Nov 8, 2018.

1. pntfrmr

pntfrmr Newbie

Anyone know a good place to get them rebuilt?

2. RawbDidIt

RawbDidIt I'm Awesome

Ebay looks like it has some pretty decent use ones available, are you looking to rebuild the one you have, or just get a cheap replacement?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. pntfrmr

pntfrmr Newbie

I have 3 of them already i bought out of wrecking yard trucks all have something wrong with them. was wondering if anyone knew of anybody who could repair them.

4. Z71Hobbs

Z71Hobbs I'm Awesome

The only repairs you can really do is swap parts between them. Either a stepper motor works or it doesn’t. These clusters are pretty simple to work on. Same with the circuit boards. Also, for consideration, you can pick up used regular clusters for under 50 bucks most places. 1 hour of tech time for a company would be at least that. Cheaper and easier to do yourself.

5. RawbDidIt

RawbDidIt I'm Awesome

What's wrong with the ones you have, too my knowledge the ones for TBI aren't compatible with the vortec years, people have problems with the tach readings. Should be able to tell the difference, the max RPM is lower for the TBI

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. pntfrmr

pntfrmr Newbie

turn signal makes fuel gauge bounce in time to flash rate. Sent it a guy had rebuilt some other ones for me, but he couldn't get the part he needed to fix it with said it had been discontinued. So was just looking for some one who could resolder the connections on the board and check out the componets on it . If i could see anymore and didn't shake like a dog passin a peach seed i would do it myself.

7. east302

east302 I'm Awesome

What part did he say it needed? My turn signal makes the volt gauge bounce in time, I assume it’s the stepper motor.

I have no experience with this company, but they turned up in a search:

https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/shop/instruments/clusters/chevy-gmc-truck-1995-2000/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018