1997 centurion ground up build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
cut line to show how much was taken off. I cut it for the bracket to be held by the knuckle and not just the bolts.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Looks good, I think honestly I would rather cut mine since I have brand new Timken bearings on it. Did you just cut the ears and the new calipers bolted right on?

Edit:

I went back and re-read what you had previously wrote. So you had to make a spacer and drill new holes. Still might be better in my situation, I have read that the hub assemblies on the nbs trucks don't hold up as well.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good, I think honestly I would rather cut mine since I have brand new Timken bearings on it. Did you just cut the ears and the new calipers bolted right on?

Edit:

I went back and re-read what you had previously wrote. So you had to make a spacer and drill new holes. Still might be better in my situation, I have read that the hub assemblies on the nbs trucks don't hold up as well.
I read that aswell Ill get you pictures of the plate i made on the back If you cut the ears off and drill new holes, you will have to space the rotor out 1/4" i used a cut off brake rotor for a spacer at first. I then went back and ground off what i needed for the rotor to sit flush on the hub as you would need longer studs,( i did in my case). The new trucks have better calipers but wont clear my rims without spacers. So i put them on the wifes Escalade and used her calipers. I have the 13.8" rotors. If you used smaller rotors, the caliper bolts dam near line up and would have to drill them bigger. I ****** around for a couple days before i did what i ended up with.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I think if I have to space out my front wheels to get this to work that I will just get the nbs spindles and use them. When you say new trucks, what years are you talking about? I have all the stuff to put the hydroboost on mine right now, and I plan to do it in steps until I like my brakes. If I have to upgrade the front spindles, then I am changing to nbs hydroboost so I can run 1/4 front lines all the way and not have to use adapters up and down. If I go that route I will have to get a newer prop valve since my abs box/prop combo accepts 3/16 for the front in and out. And if I do the front with nbs I am going to make the 20mm spacer and do the back with nbs disc.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will post some pictures of what i mean this weekend. i have to replace a cv axle so ill have it all off. I have takeoff calipers, rotors from a 2019 that i put on the wifes rig and kept her stuff. Thats how i went caddi stuff. It can be done without spacers. just have to do a little grinding to get the spacing right for the caliper on the rotor.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some surprise snow tonight but i finished my lights and got them installed tonight.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I completely dissected the ebay lights and fixed the adjusters and gutted the lights. I put projectors from the retrofit store in and some ebay cfl halos. I used pod lights in the high beams and cut the backs up to make everything fit. The backs got some glue to seal everything up. I did the high 4 mod and the 4 corner markers. i couldn't be happier with the light out put!

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the rings usually, but those look really well and the light output looks great.