1997 centurion ground up build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying, but my 5.7 only has ~130k miles on it and my kids really want to play a lot right now (2 and 5) so maybe some day. Hey, just a heads up on that truck. Pay attention to where the frame is spliced together, get some POR15 patch and seal all the seams after tacking the two bottom pieces together like in the pic below. I believe doing these steps will makes these frames bullet proof because no water can get between the metal to rust them out.

0515172026a_zpsgwyyajrv-jpg.187774
Good to know. Thank you.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What ever didnt have rust, had a big ass dent. More work on the other rear door

You must be registered for see images attach

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been super busy lately but doors are jamed, outers are primed. Going to paint them tomorrow after work and put this haunkey back together.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After not having any time to work on the truck, had to make it drivable to move to our new place. I have alot left to do to it Tonight was the first time in a month i could work on it. Need to remove the box and jam that. None of the paint is matched or correct Just keeping stuff from rusting lol. I have my rear roll pan to put on, finish the visor with new led lights, building tubular step bars. Got my new 305/65-18s on. Got an alignment, i have 4.56 gears and a new locker on the way. It has plenty of pep with the cammed 5.3 and 3.73s in it but im all about more. I have a new headliner from a 06 suburban to fab and fit to my sunroof. my very first test drive, i hated how the truck sounded with the dual 3" and cherry bomb extremes. Lots of cackle and not what I wanted. Bought a 3" dual in and out magnaflow with a built in X pipe. Very deep, agressive and a smooth tone to 6400rpms. Its coming along but still along way to go!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking good!! I think I had the same mufflers, but made some 5" tips for it, straight out the back. Cackle it did NOT!!!! It was prolly the deepest sounding vehicle that I've owned, even with a tired 350.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did a brake upgrade today. Used calipers and rotors off a 2011 Escalade. I cut the ears off of the orginal knuckle and machined spacers to fit the knuckles perfectly where i drilled the holes. Used new flexible brake lines(will need longer). Going to finish up tomorrow with more pictures. 13" rotors and dual piston.