1997 centurion ground up build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a Centurion years ago. It ran great at first, then after fuel pump went ran like crap. Figured out return line was rusted and not letting gas return. That ended up taking out the spiders, then got pissed and sold it. Had the typical rust where they joined the floor/firewall, but other than that decent shape. I love crew cab short boxes, wanted to build it something fierce. Love the build!! Did the roof line up 100%? Like the power sun roof, that looks factory lol...
I had to do alot of cutting and made my own pinch weld to make it fit nice but it fits awesome now!

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the hardest things painting mine was getting the rocker panels in far enough that the front bottom of the rear doors didn't rub. I bet I took those on and off 5 or 6 times. Now you need to come and buy the interior out of the 99 escalade aI just bought. I am going to sell all 4 seats, center console, all 4 door panels, cluster, mirror and temp sensor, seat belts, air routing for center console, and dash bezel as a package.
Ran into that with the rockers myself. I have everything fitting better than factory now. Where are you located and whats the price? Im in southern mn

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Ran into that with the rockers myself. I have everything fitting better than factory now. Where are you located and whats the price? Im in southern mn

I'm in Kentucky, 1 hour east of Lexington. If you are interested in those send me a pm and we can discuss the details. I already have new leather seats and the denali door panels and console so they are really of no use to me except to sell. I'll probably put them in the for sale section next week. Your work on the truck is looking good, kinda wish I had stuck an LS in mine.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Saving a little cash and doing some rear door repair vs $400+ for new rears.

You must be registered for see images attach

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in Kentucky, 1 hour east of Lexington. If you are interested in those send me a pm and we can discuss the details. I already have new leather seats and the denali door panels and console so they are really of no use to me except to sell. I'll probably put them in the for sale section next week. Your work on the truck is looking good, kinda wish I had stuck an LS in mine.
Never to late to swap motors. I had a 6.0 and a 6.2 laying around but i have plans for the 6.2 and i didn't want a 6.0 in this. I will be driving it as my daily when done so I wanted some sort of milage. Should pull upper teens i think.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying, but my 5.7 only has ~130k miles on it and my kids really want to play a lot right now (2 and 5) so maybe some day. Hey, just a heads up on that truck. Pay attention to where the frame is spliced together, get some POR15 patch and seal all the seams after tacking the two bottom pieces together like in the pic below. I believe doing these steps will makes these frames bullet proof because no water can get between the metal to rust them out.

0515172026a_zpsgwyyajrv-jpg.187774

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Another question, why didn't you add the cab seams in like I did below?

0228172027_zpsc6yzuewp-jpg.186136