1997 4L80E Transmission Oil Cooler Lines

Discussion in 'Transmissions' started by wolfphil08, Sep 11, 2018.

1. wolfphil08

wolfphil08 Newbie

I've looked around and haven't found any answers yet. Bought a 1997 K2500 RCLB with a 4L80E. Previous owner had an engine swap and they cut the transmission oil cooler lines. They thought they could patch them together with some rubber hose and hose clamps. I bought both of the lines listed on rock auto but I still need the line from the Radiator to the Transmission. I cant find it listed anywhere. Where can I buy a new line? Is my best option to just make one using AN fittings? I've checked at the junk yard but the cooler lines are all garbage. I'd like to be able to buy an ac delco replacement line. I cant even find the line referenced in any material.

https://gmpartsheadquarters.com/199...ooling_system-trans_oil_cooler_lines-GH95273/

I've purchased these so far:
    ACDELCO 15051894
    ACDELCO 15745477

2. MIHELA

MIHELA King of the Scrapyard

You will need to fab the line from rad to trans with 3/8 pipe and flare fittings. You will also need a fitting that replaces the quick connect at the trans to facilitate that.

3. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

I never could locate a factory one when I was doing my 60E to 80E swap. I decided to just make everything out of Russell ProFlex hose and -6AN fittings. Working great so far.

4. wolfphil08

wolfphil08 Newbie

Thanks for the replies guys. I read through your thread and that's where I got the AN idea from. I figure it's probably easier to use AN fittings than try to flare stuff. I've never made either.