1996 SCSB Daily Driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lownuff

Reaction score
Hello people.

I was on the look out for a daily driver to work type vehicle. I wanted something basic I could just drive back and forth to work in. I've had several 88-98s over the years, mostly during 2008-2012. So I decided it was time for another one.

I was cruising Facebook marketplace, I stumbled on the ad for the '96. I messaged the seller and bought it that night.

Here's the photos from the night I picked it up. It was owned by this guy who raised bulls and basically used it to haul hay around his ranch, everything was covered in dirt and it had a pretty cool dent on the driver's bed side, but it was unmodified and that's exactly what I wanted.

Only 3 of the sport wheels sadly.

You must be registered for see images attach

lownuff

Reaction score
The next day I ran it through a car wash and then cleaned the interior. I don't think I've ever seen so much dirt INSIDE a truck before, I should've taken photos. The pics are after I gave it a quick clean.

lownuff

Reaction score
Tore it down.

The gnarly dent started to get pulled.

Bodywork being done.

Ordered new front and rear bumpers. Didn't want holes in the front bumper, so they got filled.

Popped the bed off.

Lots of dirt caked onto the frame.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, you got right to it. Hate to say it but kinda dig the stuff folks have been doing with the W/T grills lately. Makes them unique. They look good converted too though.

lownuff

Reaction score
Damn, you got right to it. Hate to say it but kinda dig the stuff folks have been doing with the W/T grills lately. Makes them unique. They look good converted too though.

It's been a couple weeks in these photos. I tried real hard to learn to love that w/t grille, because you're right, it does make it unique. But I just couldn't do it. I'll be throwing a Chevy emblem on this GMC grille.

lownuff

Reaction score
Pulled the truck outside and cleaned the frame up a little. I want to hit this with some black frame paint before I do the lowering.