1996 K1500 Restoration/Maaco Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry_H

Reaction score
Took a closer zoomed-in look at your engine compartment ~ I like how you used RED split wire loom tubing on your over-the-radiator battery cable. Now I'm going to have to replace my boring black version. What diameter did you use?

You must be registered for see images attach
I bought an engine loom kit from I think Summit Racing online. It came in a plastic bag with all of the different sizes needed. I want to say it was around $30. I started to put it on but decided to wait until I do my engine replacement. When the old engine is out I plan on cleaning the bay really good and installing the rest of the loom.

Larry_H

Reaction score
When I bought the truck the air conditioning didn’t work, only the heater. So I ordered a new compressor kit, condenser, the 2 pressure lines on top of the engine, drier, and dash control panel. Instead of paying a shop to fix it, I installed everything myself and bought a vacuum pump at Harbor Freight with manifold gauge set. I pulled a good vacuum and charged it. It has blown cold for almost a year now. The only ac component I didn’t change was the evaporator core since it’s behind the dash.

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great... go to LMCtruck and buy those inner fender rubber flaps/panels. They are cheap, and will help you keep that engine bay clean.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I bought the truck the air conditioning didn’t work, only the heater. So I ordered a new compressor kit, condenser, the 2 pressure lines on top of the engine, drier, and dash control panel. Instead of paying a shop to fix it, I installed everything myself and bought a vacuum pump at Harbor Freight with manifold gauge set. I pulled a good vacuum and charged it. It has blown cold for almost a year now. The only ac component I didn’t change was the evaporator core since it’s behind the dash.

Very cool! (Pun intended!)

I just had my air conditioning recharged this morning at J & E Automotive here in Palm Desert. It was about time, it was 113° yesterday afternoon when I cruised downtown, and the air wasn't blowing very cold. Major improvement today!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Pretty sure they came with them. After 25 years, they just deteriorate. Mine had them when I got it, now it doesn't. Don't remember what happened to them

Larry_H

Reaction score
Pretty sure they came with them. After 25 years, they just deteriorate. Mine had them when I got it, now it doesn't. Don't remember what happened to them
When I pull my engine I plan on degreasing and painting the frame under. I’ll probably use a brush and a good outdoor black paint to avoid spray drift. I’ll order some of these shields too.