1996 K1500 Restoration/Maaco Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Guess I'll be going to get a quote once it's all put back together. Did they paint it the same red as factory or did you just pick a different red?

Larry_H

Reaction score
Guess I'll be going to get a quote once it's all put back together. Did they paint it the same red as factory or did you just pick a different red?

I went with the red they recommended/close factory match. I dropped it off on a Tuesday and picked it up the following Tuesday. It was a Maaco in San Antonio.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Very nice! I'll stop cluttering your thread now. Thanks for the info!

Larry_H

Reaction score
These are pictures of the day I picked it up in their parking lot, prior to the new wheels, etc.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bodageta1995

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s the tire size on the factory wheels. I’m guessing 285/75r16 but could be 265s. I’m trying to decide for a purchase.

Larry_H

Reaction score
What’s the tire size on the factory wheels. I’m guessing 285/75r16 but could be 265s. I’m trying to decide for a purchase.
I ditched my factory wheels and bought some AR wheels through Tire Rack. They were around $425 total, shipped to my front door. I paid a local shop to swap my tires over. My new wheels are 16X8 with a different offset than stock. I preferred the more aggressive stance. No lift or anything was required. I have no rubbing on the front. I’ll get you the tire size this evening.

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m happy with it. I had some body repair done and went with the integrated clear coat package. Total price was $1,308. I think $400 of that was the body work.

Back in the mid Nineties, the owner of the Ford dealership in Huntington Beach that I was working at bought Corona Nissan, and I was sent over to sort out the used tradeins. I used several of the local shops for reconditioning the keepers. I started sending some of the cheaper cars to Maaco, and rarely had any complaints. Maybe it was because I was a repeat volume customer, but turnaround times were always acceptable, as was their work. Judging by your photos, it looks like they did a nice job on your truck!