1996 K1500 Restoration/Maaco Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry_H

Reaction score
I bought this truck in March of 2018. It had 240K on it and was in good condition. I’ve been slowly bringing it back to life with new paint, carpet, bed caps, AR wheels, stereo, etc. Just thought I would share the progress.
Larry

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
How is the Maaco paint job? What was the ballpark price for (I'm assuming) a full respray?

Larry_H

Reaction score
How is the Maaco paint job? What was the ballpark price for (I'm assuming) a full respray?

I’m happy with it. I had some body repair done and went with the integrated clear coat package. Total price was $1,308. I think $400 of that was the body work.

Larry_H

Reaction score
After the paint job I ordered new 1500 badges for the doors. Instead of replacing the silver CHEVROLET band on the tailgate I put a Silverado badge on the bottom left and a Chevrolet badge on the bottom right, just like the 99 models have.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That's not bad at all. My cab is faded from clear/paint flaking off. Rest of the truck isn't too bad. Considering a Maaco paint job to get me by until the day I want to spend the money on a good quality paint job. It'll still get door dings, scratches, etc... because of campus parking lots, etc... so I'm not concerned about it being perfect.

Larry_H

Reaction score
Trailer is in the way, but this is what I was referring to.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That's clean! I'm very pro-banner but I like the simplicity of the "Chevrolet" and "Silverado" badges

Larry_H

Reaction score
That's not bad at all. My cab is faded from clear/paint flaking off. Rest of the truck isn't too bad. Considering a Maaco paint job to get me by until the day I want to spend the money on a good quality paint job. It'll still get door dings, scratches, etc... because of campus parking lots, etc... so I'm not concerned about it being perfect.

That was my situation as well. I had some clear peeling on top and just wanted to brighten the truck up. I wasn’t interested in a 5K paint job. My body damage was minor. Golf ball size dent on the cab corner, few other dings and a fairly deep scratch was about it.