1996 K1500 46K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
That’s odd it has the push button 4x4, but a work truck radio lol.

Looks immaculate! I’ve always been a fan of those style wheels with a 285 A/T. What are your plans?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s odd it has the push button 4x4, but a work truck radio lol.

Looks immaculate! I’ve always been a fan of those style wheels with a 285 A/T. What are your plans?
So that radio wasn’t typical for Silverado Package?
Plans- So far Plugs,wires, Distributor cap, rotor, Air filter, oil change, dropped transmission pan/new filter, front driver/passenger side Hydraulic brake lines, Rotors, calipers,pads, Complete rear brake lines, drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, axle seals, diff. fluid and pinion seal, Spicer U-Joints, Bilstein 4600 front/KYB MonoMax rear shocks. AcDelco as much as possible. Going to give it to my son. Been a tough year to be a teenager! If anyone can think of anything else I should be checking on a 24 yr. old truck I’m listening.Edit: Chevrolet dealership installed new fuel pump and filter.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the base model with cassette. Typical Silverados had the nicer radio.
Mine is a Silverado and not a base model and it came with am/fm cassette. The brochure I posted above clearly shows that was the standard radio for a 96’ Silverado.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Mine is a Silverado and not a base model and it came with am/fm cassette. The brochure I posted above clearly shows that was the standard radio for a 96’ Silverado.

Not disagreeing with you. But most people that paid for the Silverado package paid for the upgraded radio. But the fact is, that is the cassette variant of the base model radio.

My very first truck was a '99 C2500 extended cab long bed, 350 with the 4L80E, LS interior with bucket seats, overhead console, power everything, and the base cassette radio. It had literally every up class option for the LS trim level, besides the radio. This just proves that you could get nearly any combo you wanted. Good news is, the upgraded radio is a direct swap. Either the cassette version, or the CD version.

Love the truck :D