1996 Chevy Sierra build - SPOILER : ... It's the wrong title.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just wished they would go up to 850
You may wanna do a little more looking. $2900 for a 700r4 that only holds 600 hp. For $3400 i can get a 4l80e with transbrake built for 1200+ hp. Just my opinion though!!!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I spent $2K+ on a 4L60E that didn't hold 200HP, then I spent $500 on a junkyard 4L80E that's been fine ever since. :lol:

IMO if you want to run an automatic with overdrive in one of these trucks and you plan on beating on it at all, go with a 4L80E.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, highly doubtful the 700R4 will hold up to 600 HP. I'm not sure how those guys throw out those numbers. "Maybe" in a light car like an F-body it will, but even then.

These trucks (even the RCSB) are pretty heavy. Vehicle weight is NEVER mentioned on those ads...go figure.

The only 1500 that had the TH400/4L80e was the 454SS...and the 1500 6.5 T.D....both super rare.

I always forget the 1500 6.5 T.D. even existed, LOL. Although from what I recall, those vehicles were more on par with 2500 drivetrains...for some reason they decided they wanted them to say 1500 on the doors.

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, highly doubtful the 700R4 will hold up to 600 HP. I'm not sure how those guys throw out those numbers. "Maybe" in a light car like an F-body it will, but even then.

These trucks (even the RCSB) are pretty heavy. Vehicle weight is NEVER mentioned on those ads...go figure.

The only 1500 that had the TH400/4L80e was the 454SS...and the 1500 6.5 T.D....both super rare.

I always forget the 1500 6.5 T.D. even existed, LOL. Although from what I recall, those vehicles were more on par with 2500 drivetrains...for some reason they decided they wanted them to say 1500 on the doors.
I always forget that the SS trucks had them, and that the 6.5 trucks even exist.

Enitalp

Reaction score
New episode : Mission Impossible (so fun you can read that in french and english).
Jim ?
You must be registered for see images attach

Remember that picture from last episode. To remove the engine from the truck we have a master plan :

That plate must go where i put the arrow !
But there is...
Yes lot of enemies in the way, eliminate them all. Oh and Jim, as it was too easy, here the second part of the mission :

Those boxes, it's the lift for the engine.....

Yeah it was clearly not planned to find that engine at that price. i was not ready for that.

By the way did i ever told you it's my first buiild, first time opening an engine or removing more that an airbox to put a CAI ?
No, it's done.

By the way did i ever told you i have a name for the car and a theme ? and no you can know. it will be revealed in time.

Just a teaser what is coming in a parallel episode

Oh found a transmission builder and mechanic that can help also,near me, it will be an electronic 4L80E

And in my head two opposite idea are fighting :
Build the first K1500 with a full QA1 Coilover suspension (yeah i know)
or Removing everything front diff axes torsion bar etcc.. Make it lighter, have the QA1 without a sweat, and bonus i gain big brakes too ! And a cheaper transmission.

Oh ! the glovebox have the VIN of the donor car. i'm curious, have to take a picture of it.

Enitalp

Reaction score
Spoiler !

Nothing, can you believe it ?
3 days ago i was in tshirt by 12c/53F and since 3 days it's just at freezing temperature with snowstorm. Doesn't really stick, but still.

Oh Canada !

I was so stupid to cut the heating in the garage 3 days ago, before it was "warm" inside, now it's freezing. would take days to bring the floor and walls back to the temperature to be confortable for work inside.

Please mr Meteo.

Enitalp

Reaction score
Hey people.

No new thing ready to show you,
Received my action camera yesterday, decided to film everything, and see what I do with it later.
And on a personal side, I'm working on a new business, and I think I can be my client that would a hell of transformation into the 21st century for my obs, and a hell of a demo for my new product, win-win. shttttt. And a unique mod for a car, I've seen nobody ever coming near from what I'm doing. By the magic of me releasing only the stuff I want in the order I want, you will see in time,
That's why I film it all before releasing it. I will be able to focus on subjects, instead of day to day.
Ordered more "parts" waiting for some, received a lot already, a lot of them I have to hoard until I'm ready to use them, decided to stop buying parts in the wrong order ;p I need to focus, so easy to go on a rampage of parts that won't go in the car until pfiuuu lot of wrenching, cursing, and beers.