1996 Chevrolet K1500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
The headlight harness from gmachinz arrived today. I also ordered a brand new OEM grille to throw in the truck while I'm in there. The OEM one on the truck is cracking and has chrome bubbling and on the verge of peeling. Update to come once the weather gets better and I find time to finally work on the truck.

Curt

Reaction score
Alright, update time! So, my life has been hectic as usual, even with Spring Break. While it is coming to an end, I did manage to install the 4-Hi and HD relay kit that I bought from gmachinz. Overall, the kit installed very nicely and I only had to run to the parts store once, which is a new record :anitoof: . The OEM grille came in the mail a while back, but it was cracked so I decided to return it and run my grille until it gets really bad. Here's a couple progress pics I took, along with the finished product.
You must be registered for see images attach

I installed the relays behind the driver's side headlight and connected the positive wire to the fuse block thanks to the help of @BNielsen . With everything hooked up, it worked first try which was a huge relief.

The next day after I installed this, my brother, Dad, and I decided we wanted to go up to Dodge Ridge and take a day trip.

First time the truck has seen any snow in the past 10+ years, so I was happy to see that. Brings me back to my childhood, except I'm the one driving this time. You can see how filthy the truck got, not to mention I wanted to rinse all the salt off of it.

Before:

After:

It was going to rain so I just rinsed the entire truck off with a pressure washer and called it a day. That's all I really have to update right now, 'til next time!

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im jealous how clean your truck stays out there in Cali....I wish I could daily drive vehicles here in WI and not have them rust after 5 years.

Curt

Reaction score
A long, overdue truck/life update. Nothing much has changed to the truck, just a lot of maintenance and upkeep. Planning on washing the truck in the next day or two and I'll post pics then.

I really let everything go after that whole breakup. Instead of me controlling my life, I let life control me. I lost motivation in damn near everything and it started getting out of control. I've learned so much in these past months. I'd be lying if I'm close to the person I was months ago. I still have a lot more to learn and many more experiences ahead of me... A lot of things learned and many more to come. God removes people from our lives because He heard conversations that you didn't. That's all I'll say about that relationship. I started taking control of my life again and things are going in the right path. It feels good waking up having a sense of worth again. End of the life update for now.

In letting life go, I let all of the cars go. I'm the one to take care of all the vehicles in the family and they all fell into some state of disrepair. After catching up on a lot of deferred maintenance, I realized how much I missed driving my baby. I let the truck sit for months cause all it did was remind me of her. I changed the oil, fixed a snapped sway bar endlink, and replaced one busted outer tie rod. Also, I just undercoated the truck... that was a fun day (full sarcasm included). I started dailying it again and I forgot how much I miss it. Also, the rear window regulators are getting old and are going to need replacing/repairing soon. Any suggestions to find replacements, definitely let me know. Aside from the maintenance, the truck runs great. I still need to replace the exterior door handles, but I'm probably going to wait to tackle that once I get the rear window regulators sorted out.

Curt

Reaction score
Planning on washing the truck in the next day or two and I'll post pics then.
Ha, welp that's not going to happen. Looks like the drivers side front axle seal just went so that'll need replacing. Fun times.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A long, overdue truck/life update. Nothing much has changed to the truck, just a lot of maintenance and upkeep. Planning on washing the truck in the next day or two and I'll post pics then.

I really let everything go after that whole breakup. Instead of me controlling my life, I let life control me. I lost motivation in damn near everything and it started getting out of control. I've learned so much in these past months. I'd be lying if I'm close to the person I was months ago. I still have a lot more to learn and many more experiences ahead of me... A lot of things learned and many more to come. God removes people from our lives because He heard conversations that you didn't. That's all I'll say about that relationship. I started taking control of my life again and things are going in the right path. It feels good waking up having a sense of worth again. End of the life update for now.

In letting life go, I let all of the cars go. I'm the one to take care of all the vehicles in the family and they all fell into some state of disrepair. After catching up on a lot of deferred maintenance, I realized how much I missed driving my baby. I let the truck sit for months cause all it did was remind me of her. I changed the oil, fixed a snapped sway bar endlink, and replaced one busted outer tie rod. Also, I just undercoated the truck... that was a fun day (full sarcasm included). I started dailying it again and I forgot how much I miss it. Also, the rear window regulators are getting old and are going to need replacing/repairing soon. Any suggestions to find replacements, definitely let me know. Aside from the maintenance, the truck runs great. I still need to replace the exterior door handles, but I'm probably going to wait to tackle that once I get the rear window regulators sorted out.

I was right there with you, was in a whole other mindset since July, New Year’s Eve started working on mine again, she just sat, I would start her up but not really drive her. Breakups are hard, mine took me by surprise, 7 years and only two fights [emoji2375], she moved out while I was at work. But all is better and finding time and the happiness I have when I work on my old rig is therapeutic. Still burns me up spending 7 years with someone and at the end they take your dogs... [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curt

Reaction score
I was right there with you, was in a whole other mindset since July, New Year’s Eve started working on mine again, she just sat, I would start her up but not really drive her. Breakups are hard, mine took me by surprise, 7 years and only two fights [emoji2375], she moved out while I was at work. But all is better and finding time and the happiness I have when I work on my old rig is therapeutic. Still burns me up spending 7 years with someone and at the end they take your dogs... [emoji35]

Man, some women are f**kin ruthless. Glad to hear you’re in a better headspace now. I definitely agree, working on my truck is therapeutic as well. I can’t believe she took your dogs.. no person should ever have to experience that.