1996 C1500 - Any affordable touchscreen options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stringer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is the factory radio a 1.5 din or something else? not seeing a whole lot of options out there. just looking for a decent system on the cheap for a 16 year old. i have a 2000 gmt-800, and years ago i got a double din bezel and painted it, etc. but looking for a cheaper option here and factory radio seems to be an odd size? i wont bug you with install questions, rather just looking for something that will fit in the hole and maybe be touchscreen and sync with his phone. want to stay under 150-200 on this. Thanks for any ideas!

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best thing to do is put a single din in it. super simple no cutting. and yes the factort radios are din and a half (1.5). Ive got a kenwood single din unit in my truck and havent had any issues with it. used to power 2 12inch subs but it got annoying as i got older. any decent headunit with 50w per channel or more will be great and i personally reccomend a set of kicker front speakers in the doors. they are great at just radio power and even better with an amp. if you go the route of doing a full sounds system make sure you get matching brands for speakers.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to crutchfield.com, their site is really helpful. Then find it cheaper on amazon if u don’t care about customer service lol