1996 and newer switch panel ideas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the switches new and the pigtail harness off Ebay, they are oem ford parts and the switches are expensive. I wired them myself to relays cause the switches themselves can't handle very many amps. 2 out of the 6 are on there own power circuit so you can have 4 work in ignition and 2 work off the battery or vice versa.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's quite the idea, I have a switch panel laying in my toolbox at work, but i dont want to buy a complete harness due to the price, even though I work at a Ford dealer, and get one hell of a discount on parts, it's still ridiculous. Even on Ebay now. Hopefully I find one in the boneyard tomorrow when I go looking for a compass/temp mirror vehicle.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's quite the idea, I have a switch panel laying in my toolbox at work, but i dont want to buy a complete harness due to the price, even though I work at a Ford dealer, and get one hell of a discount on parts, it's still ridiculous. Even on Ebay now. Hopefully I find one in the boneyard tomorrow when I go looking for a compass/temp mirror vehicle.
The 4 upfitter switches are cheaper and they been putting them in trucks since 2016 maybe older so there might be a better chance of finding them in the junkyard

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 4 upfitter switches are cheaper and they been putting them in trucks since 2016 maybe older so there might be a better chance of finding them in the junkyard

I already have the 6 switch panel laying in my toolbox. A customer bought a new 18 F350, and didnt want the switches, so I hung onto them. No one has asked for them, and it's been over a year now. But the harness is something like $140 or $150, so I'd rather get a pigtail from a wrecked truck for $20

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know if you had any luck finding a pigtail for your switches but the one that I have for mine has a MOLEX P.N. 34728-0120. Which doesn't come up online but a 34729-0120 does and seems to be right one but get mixed results with the images for that number.
Heres pictures of mine. Hopefully it helps.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the switches new and the pigtail harness off Ebay, they are oem ford parts and the switches are expensive. I wired them myself to relays cause the switches themselves can't handle very many amps. 2 out of the 6 are on there own power circuit so you can have 4 work in ignition and 2 work off the battery or vice versa.

I really like this. Great job.

1997-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I haven't checked this thread in a while, looks like I see some great ideas, and some pretty creative ideas as well. Nice work

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wow I haven't checked this thread in a while, looks like I see some great ideas, and some pretty creative ideas as well. Nice work
Where did you get the white face gauges? That looks good and I'd like to do that to my 99 Burb.