1996 4.3 to 1997 5.7 engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wesbent

Reaction score
Well I have 12v to the crank sensor and 5.5v going to the computer don't know if that is correct or not, power to the computer but don't know if the right wires, pulled the harness off the 4.3 they all look the same, so I am puzzled.
Jeff i just did the same exact swap with same results. What was the fix for yours?

GovtCheck

Reaction score
I’m guessing y’all scrapped them after you got no fire to the plugs? Just curious because I’m having the same exact issue. I don’t have connector c200 plugged in because I don’t have the schematics for a 96 4.3 to match up but I’m guessing that’s my problem.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing y’all scrapped them after you got no fire to the plugs? Just curious because I’m having the same exact issue. I don’t have connector c200 plugged in because I don’t have the schematics for a 96 4.3 to match up but I’m guessing that’s my problem.
If you have spark at the coil, but not at the spark-plug end of the plug wires, the problem is not in C200, it's between the coil and spark plugs:

Coil wire, cap, rotor, plug wires.

GovtCheck

Reaction score
Sooo I’m thinking the c100 pins are in different locations. Anyone have a c100 diagram from a 96 4.3??