1995 Yukon ABS Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
A few months back I purchased a 1995 GMC Yukon dirt cheap,and today while changing out some bulbs in my cluster i realized a previous owner (prolly the shady used car lot my buddy bought the truck from) had removed the abs light. I installed a new light and wouldnt ya know it there was a reason it was removed.

I pulled the codes and ended up with the following codes codes: 13 (cant find what this means anywhere , 21 R/F speed sensor, 25 L/F speed sensor, 26 Missing L/F speed sensor, 35 Vehicle speed sensor open circuit, 65/66 open/shorted pump motor relay, 68 locked motor or shorted motor circuit, 73 memory error, and 86 shorted anti lock indicator lamp.

Aside from the obvious ones (21,25,26, and 73) I cannot find any information on where to even begin on the other codes. I checked all of the obvious things such as connectors and fuses and all look good (I know looks can be deceiving). I do plan on putting in new wheel bearing assemblies in the near future but would also like to get the ABS working properly. Ive already had a few close calls with it wanting to go side ways when someone slams on their brakes in front of me or cuts me off.

Anyone have any ideas where to begin? Could one thing throw most of these codes at once? Could the ABS issue also be the cause of my torque converter to not lock up? Also would this cause the cruise control to not work?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Dont wanna just throw parts at it (Ive already put 4k in it in the last month wife prolly wont be happy if I keep throwing money at it) but i havea feeling i might have to.

Frank Compagnon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think code 13 is an O2 sensor. And you could have a bad ABS module with all them codes at the same time, I had something similar with an Astro van I owned some time ago, changed the abs module and all was good.

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who cares, remove it lol. It’s a 95, who cares bout check engine light?

Reaction score
Who cares, remove it lol. It’s a 95, who cares bout check engine light?
Not throwing a check engine light just ABS light. And I kinda care about the abs lol. Lifted trucks that don’t like to stop aren’t much fun. Also I would like for my cruise control to work.

Reaction score
Think code 13 is an O2 sensor. And you could have a bad ABS module with all them codes at the same time, I had something similar with an Astro van I owned some time ago, changed the abs module and all was good.
Code 13 is for o2 sensor if it’s an engine code but this is an ABS code.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ABS is the biggest pain in the ass. My tundra has it, sensor went bad so that n traction control is turned off. I can stop better without it and can pull my hill with 6+inches of snow in 2wd spinning n going sideways rather than the tire will slip for a 1/4 of a revolution n lose all power n momentum...

smokinjoess

Reaction score
check your lighter fuse it's tied to the cruse. Also brake switch caused y cruse and torque convertor lockup not to work.