1995 Silverado K1500 father/son build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a set of those tires on my C5. They're pretty good for street tires. 340 TW is pretty soft for a truck though. You'll want to rotate them frequently.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you cared to count, you would now see 32 splines on the input shaft part! $650 later. Building something like this is stupid expensive.

You must be registered for see images attach

budviper1962

Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed this thread very much, im a lifted truck guy but love the look of the lowered 2wd and 4wd chevys. I have a 97 s10 running 2006 Nissan Frontier and a 94 z71 extended cab that has a crate 5.7 tbi setting in shed waiting on new intake, headers, and other mods before putting the motor in her! Cleaning the engine compartment and repainting. All in between work hours ugh! Can’t wait to see pics of your truck and motor done!!!

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed this thread very much, im a lifted truck guy but love the look of the lowered 2wd and 4wd chevys. I have a 97 s10 running 2006 Nissan Frontier and a 94 z71 extended cab that has a crate 5.7 tbi setting in shed waiting on new intake, headers, and other mods before putting the motor in her! Cleaning the engine compartment and repainting. All in between work hours ugh! Can’t wait to see pics of your truck and motor done!!!
Sounds like you’ve got a good project going on yourself. And yeah, I get it about the street performance trucks. It’s not usually my thing either. But it’s something new and different. Not to mention unexpected. Ever since I saw this done on a few episodes of Power Nation I decided that I had to do something similar.

The problem is work! I’m in Guam working on a submarine right now. Tomorrow I fly to Hawaii for a little over a week to work on another submarine. Fly home from Hawaii l, then back to Guam 2 days later for another submarine job.

But after that I should finally have a long time at home to start making some real progress on this thing.

In the meantime, my 2007 Silverado is about on her last legs. It’s going to need a new transmission anytime soon.

So hopefully no one excommunicates me from this site by what I’m about to say. But I’m VERY seriously looking at newer Tundras right now.

They’re about equivalent pricing to the Chevrolets and GMCs I’ve been looking at, and they hold their value REALLY well and last forever.

I literally never heard the term, “This POS Toyota!”!! Lol

budviper1962

Reaction score
Sounds like you’ve got a good project going on yourself. And yeah, I get it about the street performance trucks. It’s not usually my thing either. But it’s something new and different. Not to mention unexpected. Ever since I saw this done on a few episodes of Power Nation I decided that I had to do something similar.

The problem is work! I’m in Guam working on a submarine right now. Tomorrow I fly to Hawaii for a little over a week to work on another submarine. Fly home from Hawaii l, then back to Guam 2 days later for another submarine job.

But after that I should finally have a long time at home to start making some real progress on this thing.

In the meantime, my 2007 Silverado is about on her last legs. It’s going to need a new transmission anytime soon.

So hopefully no one excommunicates me from this site by what I’m about to say. But I’m VERY seriously looking at newer Tundras right now.

They’re about equivalent pricing to the Chevrolets and GMCs I’ve been looking at, and they hold their value REALLY well and last forever.

I literally never heard the term, “This POS Toyota!”!! Lol
Your a busy retired man I’ve still got 5 yrs left lol

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your a busy retired man I’ve still got 5 yrs left lol
Just retired from the military. I’ve only been working as a contractor for coming up on 3 years. But I can’t complain too much about the travel and overtime. It’s 100% what’s funding my ability to do these stupid expensive over the top projects. Military retirement, plus military disability, plus new job, plus overtime and travel per diem all adds up to quite a bit.

budviper1962

Reaction score
I work in printing industry and this is our busy time. Printing School Yearbooks. It’s funding my projects with the OT as well lots of new equipment in the shop this year as well, going all led inks and new presses and folders they are spending the $$$!

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the dropped AWD setups. Reminds me of a full size Syclone setup. I love it!!!. If anybody gives you grief about that, piss on em. Its y'alls ride, build it your way. If going LS, I'd recommend doing a turbo setup. Easy power adder, and a stock LS can handle 100-200 added HP blown through it with a "hair dryer". Any more than that, I dont think the powder alloy rods can handle it.

At that point, I'd recommend Eagle H beam rods with ARP wavelock 2000 bolts. I picked up a set of these with bronse brushed little ends for a small block Chrysler for $400 new off evilbay a couple years ago, and those engines are not cheap to build.

Gonna be a sweet truck when it's done. Nissan Skylines and Subaru WRX STIs are AWD turbo, and those things effing move!!! I bet this thing is gonna hook hard and go like hell when done. I thoroughly enjoyed reading through your build thread.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I work in printing industry and this is our busy time. Printing School Yearbooks. It’s funding my projects with the OT as well lots of new equipment in the shop this year as well, going all led inks and new presses and folders they are spending the $$$!
Good to know school yearbooks are still a thing! I figured everything would be digital by now, but glad to know it's not that way yet.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know school yearbooks are still a thing! I figured everything would be digital by now, but glad to know it's not that way yet.
Ain't nothing like a paper high school yearbook. I have a lot of memories signed in mine. Some of those people I still talk to on fakebook. If they go digital that will truly be awful.