1995 Silverado K1500 father/son build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on a used intake manifold spacer? Taylor VMAX used to make them. Part # 11011

But that’s another part that they’ve stopped making.

I know that different people have different opinions on if they work or not. But I’m not looking to make the extra 20 HP that they claim, nor do i believe that it would actually make that much.

Here’s my thought process. The throttle body is on the front half of the intake. And the spider itself is really in the way and blocking good air flow to the rear 4 cylinders. So it would make me feel better to raise the intake up that extra inch just to know that there’s more room for air flow to those rear cylinders.

In my opinion the spider thing was an overall poor design. No other intake that I know of has extra crap in there in the way of the intake plenums obstructing air flow.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, thought that was a new post. I’m in a daze here today and not feeling well!

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I decided to pay my $20 and become a Supporting Member. I think it’s well worth it. But I also thought that it would let me skip the 100 post requirement before being able to post in the wanted section. It did not!! WTF?!?!

I guess they want their 100 posts more than their $20!

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

All GM/Delphi part numbers. So it’s a genuine part. The spider tubes/hoses are definitely new and so is the gasket/O ring and the fuel pressure regulator. But the fuel injectors themselves are definitely not new.

The box says core return required, but I bought this from Amazon and there was no core charge. I’m guessing that they don’t care because it’s probably getting phased out of production, like a lot of Vortec aftermarket parts seem to. Including the intake manifold spacer that I want so badly.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This engine owes me at least 300hp!!

I’m giving it too much love and attention for it not to!

That along with a mild stall torque converter and 4.10/4.11 gears and it should feel pretty peppy for sure. Even if it’s on a lifted Z71 with 33’s!

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m pretty far away from paint. But my plan is to use the newer GM red color, Red Hot, that the new Silverado’s are painted. Along with more modern emblems and badges. So basically making a play on old/new trucks.

Since it’s a Z71, what do you guys think about using the Trail Boss paint scheme? So basically painting the front and rear bumpers and grill black?

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m pretty far away from paint. But my plan is to use the newer GM red color, Red Hot, that the new Silverado’s are painted. Along with more modern emblems and badges. So basically making a play on old/new trucks.

Since it’s a Z71, what do you guys think about using the Trail Boss paint scheme? So basically painting the front and rear bumpers and grill black?
Nobody? I kind of think it would be cool.