1995 Silverado K1500 ECSB Starcraft Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Had that happen to us on a utility trailer, many years ago,on a trip down to south Texas to see relatives on the way to a swap meet in McAllen. Tore up the trailer fender and taillight. I'm sure the tires were old too, and we didn't use that trailer much.

Tonw07

Reaction score
Running tires older than 10 years is risky business. I inherited my dad's truck after he passed. Three weeks after having the truck. The right rear blew out. Big bang. At 65 just before the turn off for home. The almost new looking Cooper tires had not blown but had stripped the whole length of tread off. It had whipped around bending the lower bed wheel well, small twist dent in bumper and smashing the right taillight.
My 19 year old son was riding with me, I think he almost pooped when that tread came loose and banged around. Me both hands on wheel maintain control less throttle slow stop. Get out look, tire still has air, no tread, only steel cord. First thought, " I bet that makes sparks at night". Drive 3 miles home. Thinking how much 4 new tires now.
According to the date code the tires were 14 years old. Cooper said over 10 , don't drive' em. Other manufacturers have similar guidelines. Another been there, done that.
Oh I've been there done that. I've lost tread on 3 tires in my lifetime so far, each experience different than the other. This isn't a daily but new tires are on the list. My plan is to try and burn these ones off, might as well try and have a little fun with them. If damage happens, so be it, I'll deal with it.
I blew a steer tire with a loaded water truck once, that was a whole nother story, somehow didn't roll it. This is a half ton I drive to the grocery and parts store. I'm not too concerned.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
The spare tire on my Blazer is from the 80s. I can only assume what happened was the original owner had a Dunlop tire from 1984 and put it on the spare rim. I put new tires on in November and I keep that as a last resort. Still in decent shape, but God help me if I do get a puncture. Good thing I just got some Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires to put on the spare rim

Tonw07

Reaction score
Some of the goodies that came with the truck. Now I need to find a VHS player..

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
Generally tires older than 7 years by date code will not be mounted or repaired by a tire shop. As someone who has had a front blow out on a motorhome at 62 MPH you DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN! almost a serious accident and $12,000 in damage to the coach. Do not risk any thing over 7 years old 6 years is a safer limit especially if you drive over 65 or in the heat!

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Generally tires older than 7 years by date code will not be mounted or repaired by a tire shop. As someone who has had a front blow out on a motorhome at 62 MPH you DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN! almost a serious accident and $12,000 in damage to the coach. Do not risk any thing over 7 years old 6 years is a safer limit especially if you drive over 65 or in the heat!
10yrs is the NHTSA rule.