1995 K2500 GMC Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like 195 it is. I can always go 180 if it's blistering for months, but with no real loads on it, I think it'll be fine.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Nicw Burb! My Chevy's GMC twin :) Where I live it gets to 105°-110° on a regular basis in the summer and it rarely overheats.The most it gets is 210°,so put a 195° t-stat in it and you should be good year 'round.Mine currently has about 268,*** miles on it and still runs great...took it on vacation last summer to the PNW and averaged 11-12 mpg,even got 13 once WooHoo!! About 3,000 total miles on that trip.
I notice the SES light on,checked the codes yet? Just curious.These Burbs cruise nice at 80,huh?

Last edited:

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man, sorry for the late reply. I got them from a company off of eBay that I have used a few times in the past. They are great quality and yes, they are plug and play. They were less than 100 bucks. I definitely recommend them.

Question for you guys. What temp thermostats do you run? I currently have a 215 in there because the PO lived in Colorado high country. I am in Texas, and though we have cold Winters on occasion, we mostly deal with heat. I ordered a 180 and a 195 from Rock Auto. I know there is such a thing as too cold, but does anyone have a recommendation? I won't be towing, but some idling through pastures and such. Right now it sits just above 210...like a 215 thermostat LOL.

Finally, I picked up some steelies for wheel today. I sanded down some scuffs and then hit them with primer and paint. I'll take them to the tire shop tomorrow to swap my new tires on there. They didn't turn out half bad for palm sanding and rattle-canning.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kind of a graphite gray or something.
Nice wheels!

I have similar on my truck, but mine had the chrome cladding covers, and are rusty as hell. I have to keep wire wheel/repainting mine. Yours look to be in much better shape.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered a 195 and a 180. I'll see how it goes. I also ordered new headlights housings, blinker housings, and tail lights. Oh, got these put on yesterday...and it doesn't squat that bad. Weird angle I guess. I really like the way it sits.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nicw Burb! My Chevy's GMC twin :) Where I live it gets to 105°-110° on a regular basis in the summer and it rarely overheats.The most it gets is 210°,so put a 195° t-stat in it and you should be good year 'round.Mine currently has about 268,*** miles on it and still runs great...took it on vacation last summer to the PNW and averaged 11-12 mpg,even got 13 once WooHoo!! About 3,000 total miles on that trip.
I notice the SES light on,checked the codes yet? Just curious.These Burbs cruise nice at 80,huh?
Hey, thanks for stopping by! Yeah, this truck has a lot of life left. I love hearing high mileage stories. Gives me even more confidence in the truck. I finally checked the code yesterday and it is what the PO told me...Idle Air Control Valve. I ordered one when I ordered the light stuff and thermostat. I don't notice it running bad because of it, but maybe it is and I just don't know it. My last two fill-ups netted me 11.5 and 12 mpg hand calced. I am very happy with that. Man this thing does cruise nice at 80 for sure! I am very happy with it so far.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While you're replacing the headlights, I would recommend doing an HD harness and 4hi mod. Really makes a difference in light output.
I have been seeing that. Mind directing to a link on how to go about it? Appreciate it! The light output right now is terrible. I did order "whiter" bulbs, but I know HID is the way to go.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I have been seeing that. Mind directing to a link on how to go about it? Appreciate it! The light output right now is terrible. I did order "whiter" bulbs, but I know HID is the way to go.

I run Spyder glass headlights, factory replacement bulbs, HD harness with the 4hi mod, and my lights are amazing.

There is a member here who makes harnesses, you can find it in the classified section. I purchased this one, and added the diode for the 4hi mod:

https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/product/9005-9006-headlight-relay-kits/

The basics of it are removing the headlight switch from carrying the power to the headlights. The harness puts the high beam/low beam setup on relays and draws power direct from the battery. The 4hi mod involves using the high beam trigger to bring the low beams on as well.