1995 K2500 GMC Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After the intro thread, here is my truck intro. Just purchased from a one owner older gentleman last week.

7.4, 4x4, 150k miles, very clean. I am STOKED tho have a 454 TBI again. Anyways, photos....sorry for the borders....didn't feel like cropping. The back came with a cargo tray as well. The guy kept it the family summer lake house and towed his boat with it. It runs really well. More to come!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome burb what mirrors did you go with and were they plug n play?
Hey man, sorry for the late reply. I got them from a company off of eBay that I have used a few times in the past. They are great quality and yes, they are plug and play. They were less than 100 bucks. I definitely recommend them.

Question for you guys. What temp thermostats do you run? I currently have a 215 in there because the PO lived in Colorado high country. I am in Texas, and though we have cold Winters on occasion, we mostly deal with heat. I ordered a 180 and a 195 from Rock Auto. I know there is such a thing as too cold, but does anyone have a recommendation? I won't be towing, but some idling through pastures and such. Right now it sits just above 210...like a 215 thermostat LOL.

Finally, I picked up some steelies for wheel today. I sanded down some scuffs and then hit them with primer and paint. I'll take them to the tire shop tomorrow to swap my new tires on there. They didn't turn out half bad for palm sanding and rattle-canning.

Kind of a graphite gray or something.

Last edited:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man, sorry for the late reply. I got them from a company off of eBay that I have used a few times in the past. They are great quality and yes, they are plug and play. They were less than 100 bucks. I definitely recommend them.

Question for you guys. What temp thermostats do you run? I currently have a 215 in there because the PO lived in Colorado high country. I am in Texas, and though we have cold Winters on occasion, we mostly deal with heat. I ordered a 180 and a 195 from Rock Auto. I know there is such a thing as too cold, but does anyone have a recommendation? I won't be towing, but some idling through pastures and such. Right now it sits just above 210...like a 215 thermostat LOL.

Finally, I picked up some steelies for wheel today. I sanded down sowm scuffs and then hit them with primer and paint. I'll take them to the tire shop tomorrow to swap my new tires on there. They didn't turn out half bad for palm sanding and rattle-canning.

Kind of a graphite gray or something.
When I bought my K3500, the radiator was broken and that one of the first things I replaced, along with a 190F? or something close from AutoZone.

It's been 3 years now. Although not a daily driver, it's sole purpose is hauling building materials. From THD, to landfill or gravel yard. Sometimes 3000 lbs in the bed.

I have the 5.7 though. But only 20-something miles north of you, lol.