1995 K2500 GMC Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Small update. I took a 4 hour road trip yesterday to Houston. I filled up before I left and then topped off on my way back home. My hand calced mpg was 13.1 !!! Now, I really can't stand when people get on vehicle forums and exaggerate mpgs, so I swear this is not that. I just think the tune-up I did a couple of weeks ago made a big difference.

So, next on the to-do list is the front end. I almost ALWAYS do my own work on my vehicles no matter what it is, but right now, I don't have a shop or a really good place to do front end work. I do know a very good mechanic shop that my FIL and wife's family has used for years. They quoted me $980 to do the entire front end with all new parts....tie rods, BJs, idler and pitman arm. I hate other people working on my truck, but it needs done and I am considering going this route. He did tell me they have doen quite a few OBS GM front ends and he is very acquainted with them. They want to use all Moog parts, but I think I want AC Delco. Opinions?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I had good luck with the Moog upper ball joints in my Burb. Installed in October 2018, still nice and tight on March 31 this year when the upper control arms were swapped. Upper bushings were absolutely toast and it's so much easier/quicker to replace the entire arm, is why I went that direction. Kept the arms for spares; sometime I'll swap the bushings.
But I have heard that Moog isn't as good as they used to be. Lots of brands are going that way....just bought a Standard Motor Products lifetime warranty oil pressure sending unit for my Burb yesterday; looked great out of the box, mechanic installs it and said it came apart.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still haven't addressed the front end, but I did order a Champion 3 row today. It's just been getting too hot with these summer temps. It creeps up to 210-220 and simply will not cool down. I'll report back.